Hotel stay and visiting Legoland....

merela

Earning My Ears
We booked a hotel in San Diego via Priceline for our one-day stay prior to visiting Legoland. The hotel we got was the DoubleTree Hotel in Del Mar. I believe the Torrey Pines Beach is nearby. Does anyone know what we can do in the Del Mar area besides going to the beach? I see that UCSan Diego is not far away from Del Mar. Is it a nice university town? I'm basically looking for a family-friendly restaurant for dinner that night. Our group has 5 children between the ages of 2.5 to 6, so gourmet dining is out.

How far is Del Mar from San Diego proper? Is there a must-see area in San Diego, like the pier or a promenade where you can see fun outdoor concerts this coming weekend?

We live in Los Angeles, so on our way back to LA, we'll spend a day in Legoland.

Del Mar is roughly 30 minutes from San Diego. There are tons of things in San Diego to do. In La Jolla, near UCSD, is Stephen Birch Aquarium, a nice small place for young kids to go. Don't really know Del Mar, but there should be family restaurants near the freeway. You can probably find out from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter