Hotel "Upgrades"

Torchy

Mouseketeer
I just paid the balance of our Halloween holiday, booked into the Cheyenne. Right at the end of the call, the CM/agent said we may be getting "upgraded" to stay in the New York hotel - same dates/holiday, no extra cost. She couldnt (or wouldnt) give a reason, just said that this sometimes happens.

We really want to stay at the Cheyenne this time (never used it before) so I'll be disappointed if it happens. Has anyone else had this "upgrade" treatment before and do you know why they do it :confused3

When we booked our honeymoon they offered us the Bridal Suite in the Sequoia Lodge but as we never spend long in the hotel rooms we declined paying the extra £1,200 for 5 days (!) and went for a standard room. However, when we got there we found they'd upgraded us to the Bridal Suite anyway! We asked why and they said we were valued customers!

If you booked the Cheyenne and want to definitely go there I'd demand that's where I stay - after all, that's what you paid for.

My guess is standard rooms (in our case) and Cheyenne rooms (in your case) are easier to shift than Bridal Suites and Hotel New York rooms respectively. If rooms aren't going too quickly for a certain period my guess is that they upgrade people with a view that the now available up rooms will be easier to fill at the last minute.

when we went to DLRP in october 2002, we booked the cheyenne, arrived quite late, about 8pm and they told us we had been upgraded to sequoia lodge, we didnt mind, except for the fact we now had a pool and no swimming stuff! I always thought we were just lucky because we arrived late and maybe the cheyenne was full :confused3 as we felt like we were getting something for nothing we didnt ask too many questions! :teeth:

Torchy said:
I just paid the balance of our Halloween holiday, booked into the Cheyenne. Right at the end of the call, the CM/agent said we may be getting "upgraded" to stay in the New York hotel - same dates/holiday, no extra cost. She couldnt (or wouldnt) give a reason, just said that this sometimes happens.

We really want to stay at the Cheyenne this time (never used it before) so I'll be disappointed if it happens. Has anyone else had this "upgrade" treatment before and do you know why they do it :confused3

We love the Cheyenne, but for the same money I'd happily be upgraded to HNY. The proximity to the park and the reduced queues for the character photo opportunity would make it worthwhile. By the way Becky did not pay me to say this :teeth:

Reid

Cyrano said:
By the way Becky did not pay me to say this :teeth:

:rotfl: Not yet - but the cheque's in the post!!!

Paul - the HNY is very nice, and a significant upgrade. :) But if you're not keen and have your heart set on the Cheyenne, perhaps you may be able to refuse the upgrade?

I don't think they can make you take an upgrade. It's a pretty amazing upgrade though, usually you might get an upgrade of one hotel - Cheyenne to HNY would be 3 hotels higher!! If you want to stay at the Cheyenne then insist on it, I'm sure they'll find someone who would enjoy the upgrade so everyone will be happy!

Wish i'd been offered an upgrade like that! If it was me i'd snatch their hands off :):). You can always stay at the Cheyenne another time. As has been said previously, the advantages are well worth it.

Well, I got my wife Susan to call them to ask why (again) and they still wouldnt give a reason. We turned the "upgrade" down as me and my daughter really want the Cheyenne, and I didnt like the look of the NY (we stayed in the Newport Bay last time). The CM/agent said that the offer may be still on when we check in, and if so they'll ask us again then. It just sounded too good to be true and I worried they had the booking wrong. We shall see ... :rolleyes1

Was just about to launch into my usual (now predictable) sales pitch re HNY but you all know-you've heard it all before, so I shall refrain!!

nicola said:
Was just about to launch into my usual (now predictable) sales pitch re HNY but you all know-you've heard it all before, so I shall refrain!!

Whenever I see a post about HNY I always think of you and Becky like a pair of cheerleaders..... :rotfl:

Miffy2003 said:
Whenever I see a post about HNY I always think of you and Becky like a pair of cheerleaders..... :rotfl:

And I'm sure one day we'll have managed to convert a whole squad!! ;) :teeth:

Miffy2003 said:
A couple of predatory sharks more like it ;) :rotfl:

Reid

Theyy tend to offer upgrades as they have a better chance of selling the rooms in the cheaper hotels, therefore upgrading the people who have already booked. I have been upgraded several times I have stayed.

I have stayed in both hotels and whilst they are all great hotels, the HNY wins everytime for me.

Hope you have a good trip.

Nikki

We booked HNY for our first trip to DLRP a few years ago and reveived a call from Disney the day before we went to say that they had overbooked and were moving us to DLH. Was that OK?? Of course!!!!

Since then we have stayed at NPB and SL in standard rooms. This year we booked two standard rooms at SL through DVC and when we checked in found that they had upgraded us to Montana rooms in the main building. When I asked the clerk the reason for this she didn't know but I wasn't complaining. The hotel certainly wasn't full so maybe they were only opening some of the lodges.

All I can say is that if you get offerred a free upgrade, take it.

Young Pooh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter