Hotels with breakfast included

leebee

DIS Veteran
What are the current restrictions/limitations on hotels in Florida that normally include breakfast as part of their rate? In the northeast, none of the hotels can do an actual breakfast bar/buffet. Usually you can get a brown bag breakfast that is, in all honesty, pretty lousy. Last one we had included a Granny Smith apple and a packet of dried oatmeal- that's it. No milk/sugar for the oatmeal, no juice or yogurt or anything. Another time we got a granola bar and a mixed-fruit cup. I know that regulations and restrictions differ from state to state, so wondered what is going on in Florida regarding free hotel breakfasts.

I stayed at Drury Inn near Universal in Nov.

Breakfast was the normal buffet - eggs, sausage, oatmeal, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, cereal, blueberry muffins - with staff plating the items & handing the plate to you. Also self serve drinks, yogurt, fruit (apples were bagged).

We stayed at homewood suites Orlando theme parks in July. They had a to go breakfast with a bag with a yogurt/orange or apple/small pastry and a preboxed hot breakfast with breakfasts potatoes, bacon, eggs. I don’t totally remember what the drink choices were but I think you could get a juice or coffee. The food wasn’t as good as their usual Buffett but It was edible and my kids enjoyed it very much.

Not in Orlando, but the Best Western Plus in Tallahassee had the usual hot breakfast items - scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy - plus yogurt, boxes of dry cereal, etc. served by staff.

What are the current restrictions/limitations on hotels in Florida that normally include breakfast as part of their rate? In the northeast, none of the hotels can do an actual breakfast bar/buffet. Usually you can get a brown bag breakfast that is, in all honesty, pretty lousy. Last one we had included a Granny Smith apple and a packet of dried oatmeal- that's it. No milk/sugar for the oatmeal, no juice or yogurt or anything. Another time we got a granola bar and a mixed-fruit cup. I know that regulations and restrictions differ from state to state, so wondered what is going on in Florida regarding free hotel breakfasts.
Embassy Suites I Drive will serve you a plate of bacon, scrambled eggs and sometimes packages and then you can grab your own yogurt, fruit and muffins.

Homewood Suites with give you a plastic container with eggs and sausage and pancakes, etc

Comfort Inn gives you a cardboard box with stuff that you pick the previous nights. Usually either a egg/sausage sandwich or a breafkfast quesaddila, yogurt, fruit, drink.

Free Breakfast at the Clarion's normal buffet changed this year. The lady behind the table would pack up whatever you wanted: cereal boxes, hard boil egg, pastries, yogurt, apples, bananas, coffee, tea, milk, juice, bottled water. Weekends also had fresh fruit cups with melons, pineapples and asst'd berries.

I stayed at a Home2Suites in Palm Bay this past week. I know it's not Orlando but I would guess it would be the same for each location. They had coffee, hot water with packets of oatmeal, granola bars, yogurt, and wrapped danishes. I liked the room enough that when they can add more breakfast options I'd stay at the one in Orlando.

I second the Drury Inn recommendation. It is still a hot breakfast. AND you get a hot dinner. A standard dinner is Fett Alfredo with optional chicken and something else (I forget) and salad. Each person also gets two alcohol drinks per day. The food is more limited than pre-lockdown. For example, they used to have free self-serve popcorn and hot dogs on those little rolly things. At dinner, in addition to the main hot meal they'd also have something like taco bar setup. There is a self-serve soda fountain. Our last trip I did one Work-From_Hotel as a rest day. I enjoyed being able to meander down to refill my cup anytime I felt like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter