House of Blues or Wolfgang Express

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Which restaurant at DD would you choose for dinner? - leaning towards one of these. Do either accept priority seatings? If not, do they get really busy? We are a party of 3 - myself DH and DD(10)

Wolfgang Express is very good, but is a "fast food" setting. You find your own seat (and usually it's pretty crowded). House of Blues is also very good, and you are in a "take your time and eat" setting. Not sure if you can make reservations. Both are excellent food.

HOB all the way.
We were able to book priority seating for our trip January 04.
(I think it had just become available then).

The Orlando paper's food reviewer recently reviewed Wolfgang's and said it has gone downhill. His previous review(s) on Wolfgang's was complimentary. I recently ate at HOB and enjoyed it.

Dh likes Bongos, but I want to try HOB. Anyone who can compare the two of those?

IMHO:
Bongo's is over-hyped, trailing only PH in the DTD area.
Have eaten there once, and was unimpressed with both food (bland) and overall service (unattentive). I would still eat there before Wolfgang Puck Express though.
Don't take the Bongo's comment as a critique of Cuban food, just the food we had at Bongo's.
HOB has a good selection, great drinks, decent prices, and movie clips and/or dance music isn't blasting over the speakers while you try to have a conversation.

Thanks Robert P. I believe we ate at a Cuban restaurant over at Universal's City Walk several years ago and I really loved it, but wasn't all that impressed with Bongos. I think I'll push for trying HOB this time.

We have eaten at the HB twice and really enjoyed it both times.

Dh and I always eat at Bongos. We love it.
Last month, we ate at both HOB and Bongos. They were both good. And I would eat at both again.

Ginger

I would definitely choose HoB over Bongo's or Wolfgang Express.

HoB also accepts Priority seatings.

We have experienced both places and they are very different. My kids say WG Express is one of their big disappointments of the 18 WDW vacations (and many meals) we've had. House of Blues was very good! Try the rosemary cornbread!

HoB is really good food, plus the atmosphere is more laid back than at most restaurants at WDW. You never feel like you are being 'pushed' if you know what I mean.

Blessings.

Hi,

It depends on what kind of experence you'd like!! As perviously posted. Both are great!!

Allison an associate

just wondering if you are aware that there are three dining choices at puck's? the express is the counter service, with pizza and sandwiches and premade salads and such. there is also the cafe, and "the dining room." i've never been to the dining room, its got its own menu entirely and is upstairs, but i love the cafe. i do think the menu has gotten a little confused there in recent years (i suspect since chef robin stotter left. he was very good.), but its still very good. i think the best place in DTD.

i only jump in because i'm stunned that this question went almost unanimously for HOB. been there twice, and neither time was bad, but neither was memorable, either. and it seemed weird to compare HOB with the puck's express. the cafe is a serious step-up from the express, with entrees and sushi. and priced comparably to HOB.

went to bongo's once and didn't care for it at all. and i LOVE cuban food. was very disappointed. which surprised me, because the food people behind it (not the estefans) had a place on miami beach that was highly thought of when i lived down there. forget the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter