House of Mouse

eXo

Devil's Advocate
I stumbled across a youtube clip from House of Mouse (an early 2000's animated TV show for those who haven't seen it before), and I was really drawn in by the fact that the show put so many characters from so many movies in the same place and then let them interact with each other,

For those who haven't seen it before, the premise is that Mickey runs a night club along with his pals. The audiences is made up of various heroes, villains, sidekicks, and all sorts of other characters from the entire gamut of Disney films.

The show is slanted towards teens, but has so many inside jokes for Disney fans that only someone who has really dug into the entire catalog of Disney films would ever get all the jokes.

The show was never released on DVD, however I managed to track down a compete set that my friend had recorded off of the Disney Channel back in the day (yay DVRS!).

Watching through I often find myself amazed by all the references. In an episode I watched last week Daisy, at the front desk, gets a call from someone who can't seem to make up their mind. Upon hanging up she turns to Donald and exclaims, "It was the reluctant dragon again".

Mr. Toad is a consistent character who is always driving like a lunatic, Gaston is always on hand to remind everyone that no one does anything quite like he does, and some *really* obscure references pop up as well. I even caught a glimpse Little Toot the Tugboat from the 1948 Melody Time riding a wave along with Gepetto, Captain Hook, and several others.

I absolutely love the show and all the references and I was surprised I never see it mentioned anywhere, let alone that there doesn't seem to be people calling for Disney to release the show on disc.

I wanted to see how well known the show was with other Disney fans and get a feeling for how it was received by others in the community.

Considering my little ones love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, this show is amazing in that it gives us both something we can watch and enjoy. They love the characters and I love all the jokes and references. It really seems like a clever show to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter