How about a Disney Treasures Channel please

RichieRich13

If I had a world of my own, everything would be no
When I was in elementary school 25+ years ago, the school used to hold assemblies in the gym/auditorium once a month where they would play old Disney film reels on the projector. Once a month I would be swept into the worlds of The Parent Trap and The Apple Dumpling Gang. Then later on through the years coming home from school to watch Ducktales, Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, TailSpin and Darkwing Duck. And I will always remember Sunday nights sitting as a family watching The Wonderful World of Disney. But where have those times gone??? This is the kind of television we need today! We need to reintroduce this type of programming to a new generation. I mean, Cartoon Network has boomerang. Nickelodeon has TVLand and we also have the Hub network where we can tune in and watch the programming we watched as children. Why do we not have a Disney Treasures Channel? I want to turn on to watch my favorite shows like the Mickey Mouse Club or Zorro and maybe even the Lone Ranger. I would like to turn on and watch Davy Crockett , Treasure island Or 20,000 leagues under the sea and the Black Hole. So how about we need to get together and make a Disney treasures channel happen. What do u think?

I totally agree! There used to be a Halloween special on the Disney Channel (in the 80's) that I would watch every year. It was hosted by the Magic Mirror and would have clips from different movies and cartoons: Peter Pan - the Crocodile scene, the Night on Bald Mountain scene from Fantasia, the Lonesome Ghost cartoon with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Even silly little things like the DTV music videos that they had. Lots of great memories of those things that I'd love to watch again.

I totally agree! There used to be a Halloween special on the Disney Channel (in the 80's) that I would watch every year. It was hosted by the Magic Mirror and would have clips from different movies and cartoons: Peter Pan - the Crocodile scene, the Night on Bald Mountain scene from Fantasia, the Lonesome Ghost cartoon with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Even silly little things like the DTV music videos that they had. Lots of great memories of those things that I'd love to watch again.
That was Disney's Halloween Treat. I absolutely loved that special. Another forgotten Halloween Movie from The Wonderful world of Disney is Mr. Boogedy. I've had an idea to revive that film and currently writing a treatment for it. But your right great memories that we have. Memories that we get to pass down to our children.

Oh, yes! I was thinking about Mr. Boogedy the other week! There were things that were so great that just disappeared. It's so sad that there isn't a classics channel that would bring them back.

I would love to see tv shows that you don't see too much of any more such as Hannah Montana and the Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

I would love to see tv shows that you don't see too much of any more such as Hannah Montana and the Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

These shows still air sometimes on Disney Channel on Wednesday nights during something called Disney Replay. They show all those shows from the early 2000s during a six hour block starting at 12(midnight)/11(pm).

Isn't any of that stuff on DVD available for purchase or via Netflix? At some point Disney will start a streaming service for their content, keep your fingers crossed. :earsboy:

Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers and the like are available on DVD, but they aren't really cheap.
I full support a Disney Treasures Channel. One of my most vivid memories of growing up in the 60s and 70s is the intro to Wonderful World of Color every Sunday night. Even years after Walt dies those shows were still being broadcast, I would love to see them again, as well as the old cartoons mentioned above and other old Disney shows. I am a 50 year old man and I would certainly watch. It would sure be better than so much of that trash we see on TV now.

On another theme......... Hey Disney, quit making excuses and re-release Song of the South!

This channel is a good idea. I would also like to see an adult cable Disney channel as well.

I agree! Add the following programming to the channel: anything with Hayley Mills, Kurt Russell, Tommy Kirk and Kevin Corcoran! That about includes every movie from the 60's and 70's!:)
Play: That Darn Cat, Swiss Family Robinson, Old Yeller, The computer that wore tennis shoes, Pollyanna, The Swamp Fox, and more like them!!

Sorry for the dramatic thread bump BUT a channel like that would be like a Disney version of Cartoon Network's Boomerang. Now THAT would be special.

I am SO in! I would absolutely watch this and would love my kids to too. ;) Man, the nostalgia is overwhelming me right now!

Yes! I vote in favor of this!!!!! I miss those neon color dancing skeletons and the clips from inside Haynes mansion. Then they would play Sleepy Hollow.

BYU's channel, I think it's 374 on DirecTV shows older Disney movies, though the selection is not wide. I know I have seen:

Bullwhip Griffin (March 15th and 16th)
Apple Dumpling Gang (On this Sunday and Monday and March 14th)
Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
Strongest Man in the World
Barefoot Executive
Now You See Him Now You Don't
Flight of the Navigator (On the 22nd and 23rd and March 24th)
Newsies (24th and March 20th)
Old Yeller (25th and March 3rd and 4th)
Muppets Take Manhattan (March 1st and 2nd and 14th and 25th)
Muppets from Outher Space
The Best of Disney's True Life Adventures (March 4th and 21st)
FRank and Ollie (Documentary about Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, two of Disney's Nine Old Men who worked on films from Snow White to The Fox and the Hound)

This would be an amazing idea. I used to love "Walt Disney Presents" on Disney Channel. They showed it every night at 6pm. At the time I was probably too young to really appreciate it but man I wish it was on again. All we have now are the Disney Treasures DVDs with only a minimum number of Disneyland/Wonderful World of Color episodes. I wish Disney would release these again somehow with all of the episodes that are still in good enough shape to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter