How are crowds and heat 1st week of Aug?

lorivegas

Mouseketeer
We booked RP hotel, beginning Aug 9 for 4 nts.... I wonder if it will be crowded? Hopefully, we can still get the "express ahead of the line" benefit for staying onsite!! If anyone has been there this time of year... let me know what to expect! Thanks!:confused: :D

The heat in August is very hot. Temperatures hit 90 to 100 degrees in the afternoon and humdity is usually 100%. The crowds are pretty high too. You will get your money's worth with the unlimited Universal Express access with your room. Remember to hit the water rides for a cooldown or hit the pool.

In July and August it is good to be a local since we know all the short cuts that have air conditioning . It will be warm and you will need to put a few water rides on the agenda to cool down. You will be very thankfull for the express feature of staying onsite:smooth:

It's very hot in August here in Florida. You could wear your swimsuit top to the parks if you like, just put on lots of sunscreen!:) Ps. Hit some water rides like the other poster said.

Yeah, that's the most busy time to come, but at least you'll have your magic key.
Hit the parks in the morning. Sunscreen is a must, especially for you overseas tourists. You smother it all over, and 1 hour after you enter the park you're sweating bullets. It's sticky, sweaty, 90 degrees outside, but you've got a plan. IOA in the morning, then go back to your hotel room in the afternoon for lunch and the pool. Ahhhhh, recharge. Now hit IOA as the sun is going down for the night rides as everyone else files out. You'll see the tired leaving the park and you'll be ready to hit all the rides with your magic key. And don't forget, the Express pass machines run out at about 2pm, so you can keep going thru the express pass lines. I think this is the secret that has not been talked about. Think about it everyone. Express pass machines run out around 2pm for major rides. Hotel guests can keep going thru the lines. You visit the hotel pool, recharge, then come back to IOA at 4pm. You go thru the express pass lines and get on fast because most of the people waiting are hotel guests. Regular people have already used their express passes and the machines don't give out any more passes. Hotel guests can keep going thru these lines all afternoon.
It will work, just be sure to put on the sunscreen. Wouldn't want you to burn up.

I also notice alot of people get up early and go early to the parks. We go later in the day, and stay through night time. It's nicer for us since we are late sleepers. We like to order the new movies that are out in the theaters. They have a nice selection in the hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter