How are you guys with the dp distributing...

Priorityonecb said:
Hmmm....I just reserved last night. We are staying 7 nights at ASMO, then going on a 4 night cruise, then back to ASMO for one more night. The gal said that if I had leftover DP credits from the initial 7 nights leftover, I could use them for our one extra night/day. Do you all think this is inaccurate information? :confused3

The CM you spoke with made a mistake. Your credits will expire at midnight the day you check out.

DH also made a spread sheet with all of our ADR's on it. DH used his snack credits for a chocolate milk every morning to go with the light breakfast we had in our room. I had most of mine left over near the end of the trip.Between lunch & dinner there just wasn't any hunger for a snack, but my last day I decided I was not leaving with out having that ice cream mickey head!!even if it killed me :blush: We did get some rice krispy treats & a bag of chips that we took home. All of out TS & CS were used & enjoyed.

we did not have any credits left. Planned the meals/adrs at home for 1 cs/1 ts per day mostly. Used snack credits liberally. We paid for 2 adults/1 child and had a almost 2 yr old who we didn't have to pay for. So little one helped because we always had plenty of food to share plus she ate her fair share of mickey bars. Snacks were used for soda/water/popcorn/ice cream. It was June and hot.

Our last trip, which was our first time getting the DDP, I started out buying snacks thinking we'd run out and I had 9 left over. I bought rice crispie treats to give out w/ everyones gifts. I also had 5 CS meals left so on our was out I bought a nice family their meal. And we had 2 TS meals left which I bought a lovely couple a meal at BOMA they were on there honeymoon!

DH and I will get some milk and OJ and doughnuts or pastry from Publix to keep in our fridge in our room for breakfast. We have our TS dinners picked out (well...all except for one...jury's still out on Shutters). We're planning to use our CS for early lunches. I guess we'll just use the snacks as we need them. (There must be a mickey bar one day since I've never had one, but other than that, we carry water, so I'm not sure how we'll use the rest)

I'm computer challenged and did not do a 'spreadsheet' per se, I didhoweveer keep track of our dining adr's and next to them the # of TS or CS meals we would eat at which park each day... so in a sense, that was a manual spreadsheet!! lol

Anyway, often we would split a CS meal from the food court for breakfast (I need eggs in the morning!) then split a CS Lunch... if we had a TS Character Breakfast, then we would split a CS Lunch and a CS Dinner - again with all the food, and all the splitting, I did keep track of it - in this way we were able to do one 2TS meal at the Contemporary - it was so worth it!!

I also planned to save some CS credits and snacks to take snacks and sandwiches on the plane - we had to get there so early, instead of buying an airport fast food, I whipped out our Earl of Sandwiches!! yummmm

eeyore45 said:
I also planned to save some CS credits and snacks to take snacks and sandwiches on the plane - we had to get there so early, instead of buying an airport fast food, I whipped out our Earl of Sandwiches!! yummmm

While I didn't plan it, we ended up with 7 cs credits left at the end and did something similar - we hit the POP food court and loaded up our cooler - we didn't have to stop for food on the drive home (which btw is 24 hours) and it was nice not to have to cook the night we arrived home - we just grabbed the last of the sandwiches and salads from the cooler!

(of course, there was also 7 pieces of lunar cheesecake - that was a nice reminder of Disney when we got home)

loralie said:
I can't understand how people have left over credits. You are paying for them...why would you not use them? :confused3

I don't understand this either :confused3 In September, we ended up with NOT ENOUGH snack credits and had to pay OOP for them towards the end of the trip.

And with our trip in May, we do not have enough credits to cover our meals - will have to pay OOP for 3 of our meals (2 dinners and 1 lunch) and I KNOW we won't have enough snack credits either to get us through the week. Don't know how people end up with leftover credits... unless you are sharing meals to save the credits, but what's the point of that?? :confused3

Priorityonecb said:
Hmmm....I just reserved last night. We are staying 7 nights at ASMO, then going on a 4 night cruise, then back to ASMO for one more night. The gal said that if I had leftover DP credits from the initial 7 nights leftover, I could use them for our one extra night/day. Do you all think this is inaccurate information? :confused3

Did you book this as a land and sea package?

If so, maybe they don't really consider you having "checked out" when you go on your cruise, just an extension of one vacation?

I would call again to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter