How big is Volcano pool at Poly?

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Just wondering about the Volcano pool. I read somewhere that the quiet pool is bigger. Is the Volcano pool small? We are trying to decide between poly and BC. We are leaning toward the poly, but if the pool is real small I might go with BC. Not that we need a great big pool but would like a nice size. We stayed at WL in JUne and I thought that pool was small. It got very crowded. thanks...amy

The size of the volcano pool to Stormalong Bay--the latter is huge in comparison and it's an unfair one.

The volcano pool is larger than the original volcano pool at the Polynesian and it could be a bit smaller than the quiet pool. We typically vacation in June and, yes, it does get crowded. That said, Stormalong Bay was VERY crowded despite it's immense size and most pools are crowded during the warm afternoon. We have had more difficulty locating a place to sit at BC than at Polynesian.

The quiet pool has always been rather vacant and, in fact, our kids (14 & 12) enjoy it more than the volcano pool. They like to go to the volcano pool first, play in the waterfall, swoop down the slide a few times, and then head to the quiet pool for deep water play.

I guess it's more the luck of the draw as to how crowded a pool is at any given time. We've not been over to WL, so I can't make a comparison there. Suffice it to say, we've always been able to find a place to camp around the pool and there's been more than enough water to go around at the volcano pool area. There's also a cool basketball hoop for playing water b-ball--at least there was last summer. ;)

Thanks, what is the volcano slide like? Is it enclosed? Is there a slide at the quiet pool? How deep is it? thanks..amy

I believe part of the Volcano pool is enclosed, but not like the one at Stormalong Bay. No, there are no slides at any of the quiet pools on property... hence the name "quiet pool".

As for the pool at WL, yes, it has a slide, which isn't enclosed, and does get very crowded, even in the off season.

The Volcano Pool is about the same size as the pool at WL (we've stayed at both and that is my impression anyway). The slide is totally enclosed in a tube that has red (lava!) lighting. My oldest son loved it. You splash down into the deepest part of the pool which is about 4 feet deep. My youngest son liked the zero entry area on the beach end. Best thing though is watching the fireworks over the castle from the pool!

The Quiet Pool is smaller and deeper at one end. There is no slide at that pool and it is generally less crowded.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter