How busy are the parks on Presidents Day?

bearzabout

DIS Veteran
We were going to visit IOA/Universal on Monday 2/18. I wanted to see the Mardi Gras parade but just learned that it is not scheduled for that night. I am wondering if we should still go anyway.

Has anyone been to the parks on President's Day? Any comments on expected crowds? Anyone have an opinion whether Sunday 2/17 might be less crowded?

Is it possible to see the Mardi Gras Parade from the City Walk area?

Lee Greenwood has a concert scheduled at Seaworld on 2/16 so we may go there Saturday. I would love to hear opinions about Seaworld's Bud & BBQ Fest.

It is so hard to choose what to do on our short trip. Any insight would be helpful.

I've never been to the parks on President's Day, but the parade cannot be seen from Citywalk. You have to be inside USF to see it.

We spent Pres Day 2001 at IOA/USF we were staying at the HRH and had fotl access. I didn't think the crowds were that bad, but did break midday for a swim. The parade was very crowded that Monday night, but we had so much fun! This year plans are to have parades only on Fri & Sat. nights in Feb. so I would imagine it to be packed those nights. We also have thoughts of SW on 2/16 or 2/17 this year and wonder what past crowds were like.:jester:

The universal site states the parade is daily, doesn't say only Friday & Saturday. Any further info???
I don't know about President's day, we will be arriving the day after.

If the soldout hotels at WDW and USF are any indication it should be a busy one. There's also a big race in Daytona that weekend to make matters worse. All that said, we'll be amongst the gluttons for punishment that will be there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter