How busy in June

sez

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
We're going to WDW on the 1st June for 3 weeks. I'm expecting it to be hot and humid but how busy is it likely to be at this time of the year. Has anyone else been around this time?
I'd be really grateful for any tips.
Thanks
Sez:) :)

Hi Sez - I too am going in June - originally the first week but changed it to the second because of Gay Pride week. I am not offended by this it's just that I have a very observant 9 yr old I don't wish to be spending my vaction making explanations to. That being said - I would still have prefered the first week because although Florida Kids are finished with school - most other states are not - they are other gearing up for finals or taking them, so I figured it would be a bit less crowded. I do know that Disney considers June regular season as opposed to peak season. By the scecond wekk more schools finish and by the third I guess all hell brakes loose! Are you planning to do Disney the whole time?

Hi Sez - I too am going in June - originally the first week but changed it to the second because of Gay Pride week. I am not offended by this it's just that I have a very observant 9 yr old I don't wish to be spending my vaction making explanations to. That being said - I would still have prefered the first week because although Florida Kids are finished with school - most other states are not - they are other gearing up for finals or taking them, so I figured it would be a bit less crowded. I do know that Disney considers June regular season as opposed to peak season. By the scecond week more schools finish and by the third I guess all hell brakes loose! As far as the weather goes you are correct in thinking hot and humid and with that comes rain! Be prepared is all I can tell you - even if there is not a cloud in the sky! Are you planning to do Disney the whole three weeks?

We went the first 2 weeks in June in 2000. And are going the first two weeks this year. We found the crowds to be great. The beginning of the weeks were busier than the end.

You will have a great time!

Don't worry about Gay Days at WDW. There is a website. I believe it is gaydays.com. They list the park of the day. Just avoid that park & you'll avoid the crowds.

Thanks for your comments,
After initially intending to do two weeks at the parks and then chill out for the last week,I,m not convinced this is now going to happen! We initially booked a five day hopper pass but somehow(I,m not quite sure how this came about!!) have now upgraded it to a 10 pass with a four park universal flexiticket thrown in just for good measure!
I think my week of relaxing by the pool has gone out of the window now but I,ll try and have a few days rest in between- if the children let me.

I can't wait now,especially after reading all the wonderful comments on these boards they have been a godsend.

Thanks again
Sezx;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry about Gay Days at WDW. There is a website. I believe it is gaydays.com. They list the park of the day. Just avoid that park & you'll avoid the crowds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JulesMom - I checked out that website but I can't find a "park of the day list" - I had originally thought to go first week in June figuring on lest crowds and heat - I have kids with asthma, one quite severe so he is my main concern. I switched to the second week figuring the gay celebration would draw in quite a crowd - I have friends and family who have been there during that week in the past - The CM's don't give you much to by on this - did I make a mistake? Would appreciate the input. As of now my trip with my family is planned for June 7-16. I am also going on a school field trip with my daughter at PO May 24-27 and a trip with extended family June 30 - July 4 - I figured that would be the most crowded as well as the worst heat but we are only doing two parks for those 4 days - again would appreciate any input - Thanks!

We went last June for the first week. The crowds and weather were great. Gay Day and week are using the last full week in May. I read somewhere that June 1st (SAT) is their big day at MK and then it is over. We went last year right after this event and everything was back to normal. Enjoy your stay!!!

June '01 HIFS
June '02 CSR

We went last June for the first week. The crowds and weather were great. Gay Day and week are using the last full week in May. I read somewhere that June 1st (SAT) is their big day at MK and then it is over. We went last year right after this event and everything was back to normal. Enjoy your stay!!!

June '01 HIFS
June '02 CSR

according to the CM I spoke to this it year starts June 1st and events are scheduled for the first week - what I can't figure out is do these events make the park more crowded or less?
Is the scond week in June still ok crowd wise? I would hate to rebook everything AGAIN!

Mrsv28's 1st post is kind of how I have seen the parks and resorts when visiting during the 1st week of June. I noticed increase in crowds at resorts and parks as we entered into the 2nd week of June. The Gay Day selected parks are scheduled for:
THU, May 30-Animal Kingdom
FRI, May 31-Disney MGM
SAT, June 1-Magic Kingdom
SUN, June 2-EPCOT
Gay Day Schedule

Saturday, June 1, at MK should be crowded. Other days and parks may not be so bad. We have avoided the selected parks on the days scheduled thinking the parks would be more crowded. I have read where others have visited the parks on the selected "Gay Day" days and they reported the crowds weren't very large; EXCEPT for Magic Kingdom on the selected Saturday (always the 1st Saturday in June I think)! In past years, WDW had early entry on that Saturday for MGM & EPCOT as well as the normal ee for MK because of the large numbers expected at MK.

Thank you! That was extremely helpful information. I know I can leave my reservations the way they are. Thanks again drogerstn! MrsV

We'll be at Disney (CBR) June 9 through 15th. We've been in mid-summer and the crowds are pretty bad (we expect it) and the weather is hot. We're from Texas so humidity and hot weather are nothing new to us. We're sort of hoping that going in early June that the weather will a tad cooler and since some schools haven't let out yet that crowds will be somewhat smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter