How busy is Duelling Dragons??

Claire L

<font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f
The reason I ask is that last June we were able to go on it time and time again with only a ten minute or so wait. Hoping that this year (10 days to go) we can get a good few rides in without waiting long!!! As the waiting system seems as if it could cope with a fair few riders!! Also I know this is the wrong place but how busy are the lines for Kraken at Seaworld?
Thanks
Claire :D
I can feel that Florida sun already!! :cool:

Hard to say, it appears your first day is June 13th, the day South Florida kids get out of school.
You can always get walkon rides early in the morning. If it's near noon, the wait is about half an hour. Grab an express pass before entering the line. You ride one side, then come out and use your express pass for the other.
Kraken, same thing, get there early, wait is 10 minutes because they start with 1 train. I've seen waits of 20 minutes to 1 hour in the afternoon.

It depends on the time of year. During slower periods, I've waited 5-15 minutes. During New Year's Eve weekend, however, I stood in a 45 minute line. This line stretched all the way to the castle entrance.

We just got back and the wait time was 15 minutes at aroung 1:00. We had to do child swap so I rode Ice and then DH rode Fire and Ice.

I have been to IOA 3 times. Twice in July and once the day after Christmas. And I have ridden Dueling Dragons a combined 30 times (15 Fire, 15 Ice) and I have never waited longer than 10 min. for each ride. Actually I have never seen the line past the point where you choose your side. And if I saw the line backed up outside the castle. I would buy a camera, take a picture, and run in the opposite direction as fast as I could :-) No joke, if you waited all the way outside of the castle and you went through all of the possible queue inside, you would wait at least 2 hours.

Go straight back to DD when the gates open and you can ride the front row over and over with no wait.
Also go right back to Kraken when Sea World opens and you'll get right on. Kraken is FANTASTIC!

What is an express pass? Is it like the FOTL pass for on-site guests only, or is it something different. You made it sound like something anyone can get. It sounds like you get an express pass, then wait in line for one side of dueling dragons, and then you don't have to wait for the other side. Is this right? and where do you get one? We will NOT be staying on property. Thanks.

Anyone can get an express pass. There are machines near certain rides. You insert you park ticket and get an express pass with a time to come back to the ride. When it is time, you just show your pass and go in the express line. If you stay on-site, you just show your room key and go right into the express time--no need to come back later.
There is a thread near the top of this forum called How to get to the front of the line that explains it all.

We were there on Saturday, June 1st and only had a 10 minute wait some time around 3:00. There was a "short cut" back into the line if you wanted to ride again, but we skipped it. The park seemed full to me at the time. Spiderman had over an hour wait, Hulk had a 45 minute wait. DD was the shortest line we encountered.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter