How can this year possibly get better? LET'S GO TO WDW!!- A 10-Day November 2021 TR- Updated 9/26/23!

Hi Molly! I've seen you on the "No Steves" group and since so many other folks have either stopped traveling or stopped writing TRs, I thought it would be fun to follow along with some new TRs, and yours hasn't gotten so long yet that I can't catch up! :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing about your long trip!

Whew! That was a whirlwind of information for an intro post! But, finally, I can get to the nitty gritty!

Where: Walt Disney World, of Course!
When: November 13-22, 2021
Hotel: Disney’s Boardwalk Villas- Studio Villa, Boardwalk View

That's a nice long trip and the Boardwalk is a great place to stay! Especially not having to change resorts mid trip.

When I leave for vacation, I always make sure to block notifications from my email and GroupMe so that I am fully disconnected from work. It feels so good to release that responsibility!

Gosh, I wish I could do that. Unfortunately in my line of work, I need to be available 24/7 if necessary and work inevitably creeps into my trips.

I realized that Enchanted was finally available to stream! So, we had to watch that!!

I love that movie! Especially the cleaning up scene/song.

Alarms were set for 3:20 AM!!

Yikes! :eek:

BUT, I am absolutely scarred for life from that experience, haha! So, we made sure we got to the airport super early so there was no chance of us getting delayed at luggage check-in or security!

I totally get that. I haven't actually missed a plane, but I had a close call that makes me want to be there super early.

The last time I stayed here, the creepy clown slide was still intact! I enjoy this version much better ;)

Me too. I haven't seen what they replaced it with.

I was realllllly hoping that we would get evacuated off. That’s how you know you’re a Disney nerd!

I haven't been evacuated off a ride for over 20 years, I think they're getting better about that, but it does still happen.

What’s yours?

Monument Valley

Mom and I loved Club Cool in the past and were so excited when the new facility opened.

I didn't realize that they had reopened it or where. I missed this on our last trip.

Our reservation for BWV was actually two continuous reservations- one for 11/13- 11/15 and the other for 11/15- 11/22. Luckily, we made sure to check at the front desk and they assured us that this would be our room for the entire stay.

Good of you to do that, it would suck to have to change rooms after just two days.

I think it’s called Creations now? It will always be Mousegears to me.

Same.

I also got a chocolate-covered caramel s’mores treat.

I just tried that last trip, so tasty!

Beer cheese soup, roasted potatoes, pork schnitzel, mac and cheese, sausage, meatballs, and two pretzel rolls.

Yum, need to go back to Biergarten sometime again.

We were sooo sleepy, but we had one last stop before heading back to BWV- Harmonious!

I don't think I could have even made it to dinner with your schedule!

We approached our room…. And realized that there was no magic band scanner on the door.

That's bizarre. I'm glad you got it worked out.

As for the view…

Very nice!

Where do you all usually stay when you go to Vegas?

We stay at Sam's Town. Off the beaten path and cheap. :lmao:

Titanic Museum at the Luxor!

That was amazing! I loved "The Big Piece".

Ugh. Can you say disappointed! We did not like “O” at all!

I agree. I saw it when it first opened up and they were saying how amazing it was and I nearly fell asleep.

Mom and I woke up at 7:45 AM, ready for a fun day at Magic Kingdom!

Sounds like a fun day.

Today was going to be one of our coldest days all trip, with highs in the mid 70’s and the low at 50 degrees.

I would have loved for that to have been the coldest day of my trip. Ours was high in the 50s and rain.

we decided to take the plunge and purchase Genie + for the day.

I have to figure out how this works. I just ignored it on my last trip.

1. It’s a Small World
  2. Journey of the Little Mermaid
  3. Goofy’s Barnstormer
  4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  5. People Mover
  6. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  7. Space Mountain
  8. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

That's pretty good for one morning!

At the end of the trip, I had mixed feelings about Genie +. You’ll find out why later ;)

This is the stuff that I want to hear, good and bad.

if I’m buying a $200 bag, I need to ADORE the design :)

Me too! Also I have so many Dooneys at this point, I have to REALLY want it to get another one.

I always promise myself that I’ll actually wear them, cave and buy a cute pair, and then take them off after 10 minutes because they hurt my head!

I rarely buy them, but almost always regret it after wearing them for an hour. They hurt my head too.

the Monte Cristo Sandwich

I didn't know there was a Monte Cristo on the menu there! Now I want to try it!

We were definitely on a high after watching Philharmagic, so we were a little shocked when we hit the mob scene back on Main Street!

Yeah, that mob scene. :sad2:

Tonight was the coldest night of the entire trip, at about 50 degrees. I had the shivers and was desperate to get inside! That sounds so weak coming from a Wisconsinite, but Florida cold feels different than Wisconsin cold!

I know what you mean, or just that you don't expect Florida to be cold. I don't know anything about Wisconsin cold coming from Southern California, but in FL it's kind of a wet cold and I don't like it.

It fell apart! So I had to eat it with my hands :(

Less Calories if it's broken.

Looks like I'm all caught up with this post!

I logged on right at 7:00 AM and managed to get a LL for Slinky Dog Dash for 10:15-11:15!

So is this when Genie+ opens? I haven't bothered to research how it works, we just kind of rode what we could on our last trip.

The standby line for Toy Story Midway Mania read at 40 minutes. But we only waited 20, woohoo!!

Total Score!

After our ride, we were in desperate need of a snack and caffeine fix.

I can't leave the room until I get mine!

Mom didn’t push any farther (she is the epitome of an anti-Karen, LOL).

Good for her. Me too.

What is this old favorite I speak of? Muppet Vision 3D! :)

I love that show! They replaced ours with Mickey's Philharmagic, another favorite of mine.

After the show, it was about 11:30. Our LL for RNRC was coming up in the next couple hours,

So can you have more than one? You were able to get ToT, so it sounds like it.

“How many in your party?”

“Two”

“You two will be the last in this group. Enjoy the show!”

Yay, just made it!

I always think it’s a good idea to put my hands up during the picture, then feel terrible afterwards when I block people’s faces! :( I never learn!

I always try and do different things on Guardians (what they turned our ToT into), but as locals we get out there so often it's hard to come up with new ideas. Even harder with a mask.

Mom was unsure about what to get, but after lots of convincing by the waitress, decided to try the “Feature Film Burger” (AKA, the specialty burger). It was actually a pork patty burger, with pork belly, cheddar cheese, rainbow cabbage slaw, and a mustard BBQ sauce.

That sounds delicious!

Mom and I decided to head back to the resort after lunch and take a much-needed rest before our late night.

Sounds like a good plan.

We definitely wanted to experience the evening EMH since they were only available to Deluxe resort guests!

How nice only Deluxe Resort guests!

Mom almost got rammed into by an electric scooter. It literally missed her foot by an inch. The driver was super apologetic, but it could have been really bad news if it would have hit her.

Some of these people who rent scooters have no need for them, and others have no business driving them. They don't pay attention to where or how fast that they are going, and even let children ride along with them. They give legitimate scooter riders a bad name. This is coming from someone who has needed a scooter in the parks for over 10 years. People in the parks aren't watching where they are going (not saying this was the case with your mom). Most of the time people are looking at their phones, so when riding a scooter, you have to be extra aware of your surroundings to avoid all the people who don't see you. It makes me so mad when someone hits or has a near miss with a pedestrian because I see so many scooter riders not paying attention. :headache:

Steps down off of soap box...... :tiptoe:

Looking forward to hearing more!

Real-Life Update!!

Hi friends! Just popping in with some exciting real-life news…

Jake and I just booked a vacation to…

HAWAII!!!

We are so beyond excited and have been talking about this for a long time, but decided to finally pull the trigger a few days ago! We are staying in Waikiki for 8 nights during the last week of August at the Hilton Hawaiian Village!

We thought long and hard about hotel options, but this seemed to be the best option for us! While we would love to stay somewhere like Halekulani or the Royal Hawaiian, we just couldn’t justify the extra cost. We wanted to stay somewhere on the beach, and I wanted something lush, green, and something that really screams HAWAII! We got a sweet deal with the Hilton as well where we get $50 per day to use towards food/beverage. HELLO, MAI-TAIS!!!

The only negative reviews I’ve heard about HHV is that it is loud and full of kids. Well, I vacation regularly to Walt Disney World, so clearly, kids and crowds do not bother me :) Has anyone stayed here or visited this resort before?? It looks huge and has so many amenities!

Jake lived on Oahu for 4 months during his AuD externship, so he is the master planner for this trip. My must-dos are seeing the sea turtles and going to a luau. We are planning on at least doing day trips to the North Shore, Lanikai/Kailua Beach, and Aulani of course :)

I think a day visit to Aulani is perfect- it’s a little too remote for a long stay and we can still use all amenities besides the pools as non-guests. I think spending a day on the lagoon with plenty of Mickey shaved ice/Mickey ice cream bars will be perfect ;)

We just have to book our flights, but found great rates at about $550 per person through Southwest, with connections in California. We are also planning on renting an open-air Jeep, which I am SO excited for!! I can’t wait to cruise around the island with the love of my life and feel the warm breeze :love:

Anyone who has been to Oahu- PLEASE share your experiences! I would love to hear about everything you did!! Jake’s feelings towards Hawaii is similar to my feelings towards Disney, so he is taking planning VERY seriously and is over the moon excited :)

I should be back with another WDW update later in the week!! Thanks for reading, friends!

86677497-3434-4FD3-8157-7EF6CBE28EC0.gif

Last edited:

Hi Molly! It's great to see you writing again! I'm not on the boards as much as I was since moving to AZ for the winter, but love to read when I can! :) Following along.

I did the same thing to my then just turned 3 year old. He was tall and loved the drop on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Yeah. TOT did not go over so well. Definitely was not past bribing with candy when he was younger to get him on big rides.
Loving y'alls TR. Its getting me through the day during the slow times at work LOL.

Thank you so much for reading along!! :) Haha- I think that every kid needs a traumatizing ride experience to get through life- at least that's what I keep telling myself ;)

Loving your report so far. It really looks like Genie+ was working well for you guys.

Thank you!! Yes! It worked very well during the lower crowd days- but as the days kept getting more and more crowded for the Thanksgiving holiday, it definitely became more difficult :(

The male is always awesome. The females are hit or miss.

Your mom is braver than I am. ToT legitimately scares me.

I need to give Sci-Fi another try. I wasn't that impressed the one time we went.

I crave a Disney frozen lemonade all the time.

You definitely don't go to Sci-Fi for a gourmet meal, but I just love the atmosphere and cool, dark break from the parks on a hot day!

Checking Goodwill was so smart! It's hard to know exactly what to search for online. Disney doesn't know what they're missing out on by not selling those replicas.

227 feet?! :crazy2: Did you like it? I'd probably enjoy myself I could actually get myself on the ride... Sounds like Jake was probably up for anything at WDW!

We were also at Epcot that evening! Also for EMH. I'm looking forward to reading about what you did with the rest of your evening. :) One of my favorite parts of this most recent trip was having lots of time to sit with a drink/snack and people watch.

Jake is a roller coaster freak!! I didn't "love" it per se but I tolerated it, it was definitely intense!! I was so wound up afterwards that I started walking the opposite direction of the exit and laughing hysterically... he of course thought it was hilarious, haha!

We crossed paths so many times on this trip!!! The EMH for MK and Epcot was a huge perk :)

Sounds like it was a fun evening at Epcot. You two had a busy Disney day! Definitely smart to grab that two hour nap in between parks.

Even with the nap, we were exhausted!! It was busy but so much fun :)

Hi Molly! I've seen you on the "No Steves" group and since so many other folks have either stopped traveling or stopped writing TRs, I thought it would be fun to follow along with some new TRs, and yours hasn't gotten so long yet that I can't catch up! :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing about your long trip!

That's a nice long trip and the Boardwalk is a great place to stay! Especially not having to change resorts mid trip.

Gosh, I wish I could do that. Unfortunately in my line of work, I need to be available 24/7 if necessary and work inevitably creeps into my trips.

I love that movie! Especially the cleaning up scene/song.

Yikes! :eek:

I totally get that. I haven't actually missed a plane, but I had a close call that makes me want to be there super early.

Me too. I haven't seen what they replaced it with.

I haven't been evacuated off a ride for over 20 years, I think they're getting better about that, but it does still happen.

Monument Valley

I didn't realize that they had reopened it or where. I missed this on our last trip.

Good of you to do that, it would suck to have to change rooms after just two days.

Same.

I just tried that last trip, so tasty!

Yum, need to go back to Biergarten sometime again.

I don't think I could have even made it to dinner with your schedule!
That's bizarre. I'm glad you got it worked out.

Very nice!

We stay at Sam's Town. Off the beaten path and cheap. :lmao:

That was amazing! I loved "The Big Piece".

I agree. I saw it when it first opened up and they were saying how amazing it was and I nearly fell asleep.

Sounds like a fun day.

I would have loved for that to have been the coldest day of my trip. Ours was high in the 50s and rain.

I have to figure out how this works. I just ignored it on my last trip.

That's pretty good for one morning!

This is the stuff that I want to hear, good and bad.

Me too! Also I have so many Dooneys at this point, I have to REALLY want it to get another one.

I rarely buy them, but almost always regret it after wearing them for an hour. They hurt my head too.

I didn't know there was a Monte Cristo on the menu there! Now I want to try it!

Yeah, that mob scene. :sad2:

I know what you mean, or just that you don't expect Florida to be cold. I don't know anything about Wisconsin cold coming from Southern California, but in FL it's kind of a wet cold and I don't like it.

Less Calories if it's broken.
Looks like I'm all caught up with this post!

So is this when Genie+ opens? I haven't bothered to research how it works, we just kind of rode what we could on our last trip.

Total Score!

I can't leave the room until I get mine!

Good for her. Me too.

I love that show! They replaced ours with Mickey's Philharmagic, another favorite of mine.

So can you have more than one? You were able to get ToT, so it sounds like it.

Yay, just made it!

I always try and do different things on Guardians (what they turned our ToT into), but as locals we get out there so often it's hard to come up with new ideas. Even harder with a mask.

That sounds delicious!

Sounds like a good plan.

How nice only Deluxe Resort guests!

Some of these people who rent scooters have no need for them, and others have no business driving them. They don't pay attention to where or how fast that they are going, and even let children ride along with them. They give legitimate scooter riders a bad name. This is coming from someone who has needed a scooter in the parks for over 10 years. People in the parks aren't watching where they are going (not saying this was the case with your mom). Most of the time people are looking at their phones, so when riding a scooter, you have to be extra aware of your surroundings to avoid all the people who don't see you. It makes me so mad when someone hits or has a near miss with a pedestrian because I see so many scooter riders not paying attention. :headache:

Steps down off of soap box...... :tiptoe:

Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi Alison!! So glad that you are reading along :) I've read your TRs in the past and always loved them- I love reading TRs about long trips! I need to make it over to Disneyland one of these days- sounds like that's your neck of the woods!

With Genie+, you can book your first lightning lane for the day at 7:00 AM. Usually people use this time to get the rides with the longest lines, like Slinky Dog Dash, Peter Pan's Flight, etc. If you make a LL at 7:00 AM, you cannot make another LL until 2 hours after park opening OR as soon as you ride the LL you made at 7:00 AM. Then, as the day goes on, you can make LL one-by-one as you use them (like FP+, you can make another one directly after you tap the scanner on your current FP) OR 2 hours apart, whichever comes first! So, let's say I booked a lightning lane for ToT at 9:00 AM for 1:00 PM. I would not have to wait until the ToT LL was used at 1:00 to make another LL- I could make another one at 11:00 AM, two hours after I made the ToT LL. I hope this makes sense??? It can be pretty confusing, haha!

I feel the exact same way about people who use scooters. If you need one, by all means, PLEASE use one and make the most of your trip!! But, make sure to be safe on them too!! (Also, people who are walking need to watch where they're going and get off their dang phones, LOL)! We too saw SO many people driving with kids on their laps- there were even a few times where the kid was standing on the scooter and completely blocking their view! Not safe for the kid, adult, OR people walking :(

Hi Molly! It's great to see you writing again! I'm not on the boards as much as I was since moving to AZ for the winter, but love to read when I can! :) Following along.

Liesa!!!! Hi!! :) So glad you are here! I love hearing all about your life adventures and I am also lurking along on your current TR!

Real-Life Update!!

Hi friends! Just popping in with some exciting real-life news…

Jake and I just booked a vacation to…

HAWAII!!!

We are so beyond excited and have been talking about this for a long time, but decided to finally pull the trigger a few days ago! We are staying in Waikiki for 8 nights during the last week of August at the Hilton Hawaiian Village!

We thought long and hard about hotel options, but this seemed to be the best option for us! While we would love to stay somewhere like Halekulani or the Royal Hawaiian, we just couldn’t justify the extra cost. We wanted to stay somewhere on the beach, and I wanted something lush, green, and something that really screams HAWAII! We got a sweet deal with the Hilton as well where we get $50 per day to use towards food/beverage. HELLO, MAI-TAIS!!!

The only negative reviews I’ve heard about HHV is that it is loud and full of kids. Well, I vacation regularly to Walt Disney World, so clearly, kids and crowds do not bother me :) Has anyone stayed here or visited this resort before?? It looks huge and has so many amenities!

Jake lived on Oahu for 4 months during his AuD externship, so he is the master planner for this trip. My must-dos are seeing the sea turtles and going to a luau. We are planning on at least doing day trips to the North Shore, Lanikai/Kailua Beach, and Aulani of course :)

I think a day visit to Aulani is perfect- it’s a little too remote for a long stay and we can still use all amenities besides the pools as non-guests. I think spending a day on the lagoon with plenty of Mickey shaved ice/Mickey ice cream bars will be perfect ;)

We just have to book our flights, but found great rates at about $550 per person through Southwest, with connections in California. We are also planning on renting an open-air Jeep, which I am SO excited for!! I can’t wait to cruise around the island with the love of my life and feel the warm breeze :love:

Anyone who has been to Oahu- PLEASE share your experiences! I would love to hear about everything you did!! Jake’s feelings towards Hawaii is similar to my feelings towards Disney, so he is taking planning VERY seriously and is over the moon excited :)

I should be back with another WDW update later in the week!! Thanks for reading, friends!

View attachment 654230

We've actually done Aulani! The best meal we had was in the nearby shopping center at Monkeypod. They also have amazing Poke bowls at Aulani if you eat fish. There's also a hidden beach to see sea turtles a couple blocks from Aulani, it was amazing. Lanikai Beach is amazing. We also got Leonard's Masalas which is touristy lol. We drove around the island one day and did lunch at Turtle Bay at one of their beachfront restaurants. Crazy story about that day, we met some Disney World annual passholders at the next table over!!! We went to a famous pie place... but I can't remember which one. Pie was really good, though. Don't go to the dole plantation. We hated it except the gift shop, and we love cheesy tourist trap stuff. We also have done the doorless jeep, but on Kauai instead. It was fun!

Your Hawaii trip sounds amazing!! I haven't been yet, but it's on my list. I can't wait to read about your trip!

I tried a Hot Chicken Salad from Jason Aldean’s Kitchen. It ruined all other salads for me- that thing was the BOMB!
That sounds delish! I am a sucker for just about anything with buffalo or hot chicken on it.

I had no idea this ride was even here until maybe 5 years ago?? But now it’s a must-ride every trip :) It never has a line and it’s so silly!
Our first trip we didn't go in and when we finally did, Andy just exlaimed that this was all here all this time!

HAWAII!!!
Woo Hoo!!!

Jake lived on Oahu for 4 months durin
That sounds perfect! Just a taste of living on Hawaii!

I think a day visit to Aulani is perfect- it’s a little too remote for a long stay and we can still use all amenities besides the pools as non-guests. I think spending a day on the lagoon with plenty of Mickey shaved ice/Mickey ice cream bars will be perfect
So, you can just buy a day pass? That is intresting....

We've actually done Aulani! The best meal we had was in the nearby shopping center at Monkeypod. They also have amazing Poke bowls at Aulani if you eat fish. There's also a hidden beach to see sea turtles a couple blocks from Aulani, it was amazing. Lanikai Beach is amazing. We also got Leonard's Masalas which is touristy lol. We drove around the island one day and did lunch at Turtle Bay at one of their beachfront restaurants. Crazy story about that day, we met some Disney World annual passholders at the next table over!!! We went to a famous pie place... but I can't remember which one. Pie was really good, though. Don't go to the dole plantation. We hated it except the gift shop, and we love cheesy tourist trap stuff. We also have done the doorless jeep, but on Kauai instead. It was fun!

So many people have recommended Monkeypod as I search all of the Hawaii travel blogs!!! This is going to be our dinner choice when we spend the day in Ko Olina :) Jake and I LOVE ahi tuna poke so we will most definitely be getting tons of it this week! Lanikai looks like heaven- I won't be surprised if we actually do two days here. Thanks so much for all of your recommendations!! I'm so happy that I have pseudo "local" with me who will steer us away from anything too touristy, LOL! We have already decided no Dole plantation and no Pearl Harbor (no disrespect, just not a must-do for us).

Your Hawaii trip sounds amazing!! I haven't been yet, but it's on my list. I can't wait to read about your trip!

Thank you!! This has been on my bucket list for so long and I am so excited that we are making it happen!!

That sounds delish! I am a sucker for just about anything with buffalo or hot chicken on it.

Our first trip we didn't go in and when we finally did, Andy just exlaimed that this was all here all this time!

Woo Hoo!!!

That sounds perfect! Just a taste of living on Hawaii!

So, you can just buy a day pass? That is intresting....

Jake loved living in Hawaii so much- he was there for a year total (4 months in Honolulu, 8 months in Kona on the Big Island) and said that it was living in paradise!! He did struggle a bit in Kona because it was so much more remote than Honolulu; he had met a lot of friends in Honolulu and also said that the dating scene in Kona was zero- LOL! He was offered a full-time job in Kona, but only part-time in Honolulu. He said that if he was given a 40 hour week in Honolulu he would have taken it!!

For Aulani- I don't think you can buy a day pass.. but it is similar to visiting a Disney resort. You can look around the shops, eat at the restaurants, walk around the grounds... but you cannot use the pool. As far as the beach, all beaches in Oahu are public by law! So you can use the beach (just not the resort-owned chairs or umbrellas) and I don't think they can turn you away :)

Day 3, Part 4- November 15th 2021

Hello everyone- I’m back to finish off our marathon Day 3!!

It was just about 9:00 PM at this point, and Mom and I had just finished some cold drinks while people-watching in Future World. We took another ride on Filament (Figment) and headed back towards Spaceship Earth.

The ball was looking mighty fine this evening!

It’s like the Leaning Tower of Pisa!

I love what they did with the lights here. It is even more impressive in person compared to pictures! Now, they just need to bring back the Dreamlights at MK!

After our mini-photoshoot, we walked onto Spaceship Earth for one last ride before Harmonious!

We wanted to see the show again since we enjoyed it so much on day one, but weren’t too preoccupied with getting amazing spots.

Well, the joke was on us, because we ended up finding better viewing than we did on day one! We watched from the boat launch near Canada, and it provided us with much more central viewing. We could see all of the graphics and effects so much better! This area is also special to us because this is where Ryan proposed to Haley back in 2016 :)

No fireworks pictures this time. Mom and I wanted to sit back and enjoy the show! I love the soundtrack to Harmonious so much and listen to it when I'm driving all the time. My favorite parts are the “How Far I’ll Go”/”Go the Distance” mash-up and the Jungle Book and Hunchback of Notre Dame portions.

Once Harmonious was finished, EMH was started! Our first must-do was to check out the new France pavilion decor. On our way over, we passed by a Photopass photographer in England doing the Tinkerbell lantern shot. Well, since Tink is my fave, I had to do this!

We loved how the photos turned out, so cute!!

Then, we made our way over to France. I really liked the additions they did to this- it’s one of my favorite areas in Epcot now with all of the cute updates! I was hoping to grab a bite to eat at the crepe shop, but it was closed :(

We attempted to go around WS further, but were stopped by security. We assumed that we just needed to scan our bands again, but they weren’t letting anybody through that way since there weren't any more rides until Norway. Booooo! So, we had to walk all the way around the other way to get to Frozen Ever After, next on our to-do list.

My feet were realllllly starting to feel it! Frozen Ever After was posted at a 40-minute wait, but it was the lowest we had seen all trip, so we agreed to wait!

It ended up being only about 20 minutes in total, but it felt like an eternity! The standing was taking a toll on my feet (standing is always worse than walking when my feet hurt). In addition, we had more entertainment from some people near us.

Directly behind us, there was a male-female couple around my age, and you could tell that the guy did NOT want to be in line for FEA. He agreed to go on the ride when asked, then spent the first ten minutes complaining and moaning about how long the line was; but refusing to leave the line when offered. Then, for the final 10 minutes of the line, he resorted to giving his girlfriend the silent treatment.

OH $#%& NO! I was this close to knocking him on his butt, but we finally had gotten to the front of the line at that point. I was hoping the girl gave him a piece of her mind when they got back to the hotel. If Jake pulled that passive-aggressive crap in Disney World he would never see the light of day!

52824433-C24D-4D90-9700-5DD1496D916B.gif

The rude guy ended up being in the same boat as us. I feel weird showing the picture after blasting this guy on the internet, haha! So no ride picture.

We were absolutely whooped by this point, but we had only done ⅔ of our must do’s for tonight! It was 11:15 PM, so there was only 45 minutes left of EMH. We headed off to our final must-do: Test Track! The line was only 15 minutes- we were on nice and quick!

Our ride picture didn’t show up for this :( But I do have a picture of our girly pink car, haha! I love riding this ride at night. It almost feels like it goes faster in the dark?

After our ride, it was 11:45, so we headed on out of the park back through World Showcase. I had a hankering for a Mickey pretzel or some popcorn since we hadn’t eaten after our late lunch, but no stands were open, darn! That’s one thing that bothered me a little bit about EMH. You get two extra park hours, but NO FOOD FOR YOU, haha!

Was EMH worth it here? Ehhh, not sure. I was so tired after our marathon day so I was feeling a bit run-down. We also only got on two rides since Epcot is so spread out. But, we had a much different experience for EMH at Magic Kingdom on day five!

One last look at Spaceship Earth!

Let me tell you, the walk back was torturous. It was my turn to whine and moan, and I did so the entire walk back :) My feet felt like they were going to fall off- I had totally worn the wrong shoes! We were so glad that tomorrow was going to be our rest day.

We checked our phones upon returning to the hotel room- and no wonder my feet hurt! We had plugged in 32,000 steps today!

CEBDB114-1048-4F0C-9024-B072CA388FF8.gif

This was me as soon as we got back to the room! We still hadn’t eaten since Sci-Fi at 3:00 PM, so I ate my caramel s’mores treat I got at Karamel Kuche on day one, and mom snacked on her caramel popcorn. We got ready quickly and turned on some Hoarders to watch. I fell asleep almost immediately at 1:00 AM! I was so thankful that we could sleep in tomorrow!!

So glad I found your lovely trip report! I love your positive attitude on things. And your photos are great!

I am real afraid at how much our feet are going to hurt on our trip! We haven't walked that much in a LONG time!

Also, I have heard the biggest complaint about Extended Evening Hours for EPCOT is how far apart all of the rides are from one another.

We went to Hawaii in 2019 and stayed at HHV for a night before doing four nights at Aulani. We loved it! Definitely try to take a trip over to Pearl Harbor and look into the Kualoa Ranch ATV tour.

Yay for a Hawaii trip! Definitely recommend Giovanni’s shrimp truck and checking out Haleiwa. Also Pearl Harbor, Diamond head, and for an easy “hike” with a waterfall and swimming at the end Waimea falls.

We watched from the boat launch near Canada, and it provided us with much more central viewing.
I’m seeing Harmonious later this week and I’ve been trying to figure out a good viewing spot. I might have to try here.
The rude guy ended up being in the same boat as us. I feel weird showing the picture after blasting this guy on the internet, haha! So no ride picture.
I wish you would have put him on blast haha. No man better try to ruin my Disney joy.

The Hawaii trip sounds amazing! We will be in Disney when you are there!
We are going to do Epcot and MK extra evening hours in April. I was wishing HS would have one instead of Epcot for our trip.
I know that dead tired feeling at the end of the night, lol!
I’m enjoying your adventures with your mom. You know I am partial to mother and daughter trips. :love:

Vanderpump Cocktail Garden at Caesar’s Palace (we were so excited for this- we are both huge fans of the show Vanderpump Rules!)
I REALLY wanted to see “Beatles: LOVE,” but Jake does not like the Beatles :( Shocking, right?? So we chose “O,” since it was right at our hotel and consistently got the best reviews.
I am way way way late to this, but I just had to say that my husband and I are also huge fans of Vanderpump Rules! It is my comfort show. 😂 ALSO, I love the Beatles but my husband doesn't. So I can totally relate. I saw "LOVE" with my best friend - SO GOOD. Especially if you are a Beatles fan!

Alright, now time for me to carry on with your TR! lol

Jake is a roller coaster freak!! I didn't "love" it per se but I tolerated it, it was definitely intense!! I was so wound up afterwards that I started walking the opposite direction of the exit and laughing hysterically... he of course thought it was hilarious, haha!

We crossed paths so many times on this trip!!! The EMH for MK and Epcot was a huge perk :)

I could see myself doing the same thing after that kind of ride. 🤪

We did! It's funny; I find myself checking the background of your photos to see if DH and/or I are in them. We spent a long time admiring Spaceship Earth that night. All those colors!! I can't wait to see it again.

Your Tinkerbell lantern pics are wonderful! I didn't know those existed at the time, but I'll be on the lookout next trip.

I think you walked about twice as many steps as we did. I'm tired just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter