"How can we be hungry AGAIN??" -- (CM's, LTT, 50's PT, LeCellier)

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
I just wanted to give some quick dining reviews from our 12/7 - 12/11 trip. This was our first experience with DDP, and we ate ourselves silly. Good grief, so much food!! We kept commenting over and over how happy we were we went with the DDP, and how much value we got out of it. It paid for itself very quickly, that's for sure.

Caribbean Beach food court: We only ate lunches here a few times, but we were all very happy with the food. Disney has the best chicken strips anywhere, and I dream about them in between trips. :D DS (10) usually gets hot dogs, which he said were very good, and my dad said the Philly cheese steak sandwich was good. We were *not* used to getting desserts with lunch, and that was a really nice treat. Those giant cupcakes are the best I've ever had. We used a snack credit to get a big box of mixed Entemann's doughnuts, and had those with coffee every morning for a quick breakfast.

Chef Mickey's: What's not to love about this place? :) You'd have to be a real stick-in-the-mud to not have fun here. Dad and my aunt had never been before, and they really enjoyed it. We stuffed ourselves, especially loving the cheese and bacon hashbrowns, and the tender and yummy Mickey waffles. The 3-cheese omelet was excellent, too. We got to see all the characters at least 3 times each, and they were very attentive and a lot of fun. Pluto's reaction when he spotted Newley (my dad's guide dog) was priceless. :)

50's Prime Time Diner: Again, DS and I had been here, but not Dad and my aunt. I love the theming and fun atmosphere of this place, and the food was really good. We all had fried chicken, which was so moist and good, and chocolate malts. I had told my dad (a milkshake and malt fan) that these were the best milkshakes around, but I don't think he believed me. He does now. :) For dessert, DS and my aunt had the s'mores, which they absolutely loved, and Dad and I had the apple cobbler a'la mode, which was incredible. Oh man, was it good.

Our waitress was "Auntie Jan," and she was an absolute hoot. Somehow I got to be the one she picked on, egged on by my dear family. LOL Then we got into a friendly war with the table next to ours, pointing out elbows on the table and other such breaches of civility to Auntie Jan, who proclaimed all of us at both tables a "bunch of tattle-tails." ;) Then we heard her tell someone in the next room that if they didn't behave, they were going to be sent to the "problem table" -- and she pointed to us! LOL A guy at the table next to us didn't eat all his veggies, so for dessert Auntie Jan brought him a bowl of green beans with whipped cream and sprinkles on top and told him that was his dessert. It was hysterical. We had such a great time here.

Liberty Tree Tavern: We loved the warm woods and colonial feel of this restaurant. The food was good, but not excellent. The turkey was pretty bland, as was the flank steak. We did, however, really like the macaroni & cheese, and the salad. The dressing was delicious. The characters all looked so cute in their colonial attire, and they came around several times. I'm not sure we'd eat here again, with the other dining options, but we enjoyed our visit here.

Le Cellier: This was actually one of our first meals of our trip, the second night we were there, but I had to save the best for last. This place was everything everyone had said it was, and then some. WOW. The cheese soup was so rich and creamy, and tasted almost like a baked potato. The pretzel bread dipped in it was to die for. Dad had the strip steak, my aunt had the mushroom filet, DS had the plain filet, and I had the filet with bernaise sauce on the side. OMG, I can still taste that steak. I think it was the best filet I have ever had. They were unbelievably tender, incredibly flavorful, and just amazingly good. And hey, we know steak in Texas. :D

The cream cheese mashed potatoes were also incredible. In fact, my dear 10 year old son about made me fall out of my chair when he told the waitress that they were "incredibly awesome" and he even asked if he could tell the chef so. (!!) This is my hot-dog-loving son, wanting to compliment a chef, of his own accord??? LOL The very nice waitress went to see if the chef could come out, but he was busy cooking.

For dessert, Dad had the sorbet duo which he said was really good. DS had the s'mores, a big hit, and my aunt had the blueberry buckle. She said she didn't like that too terribly much, but that she was full anyway. I had the maple/vanilla creme brulee, and thought it was amazing. I couldn't decide which I liked better -- I think I liked the maple better by itself, but the little dollop of cinnamon whipped cream on top of the vanilla side bumped up the YUM factor of that one quite a bit.

Our bill there came to over $200, and we would never have been able to eat at someplace like that without being on the DDP. That one meal made the whole DDP worth it for us, and it was a meal that was very hard to live up to. We said that next time, we'll eat there last. :)

That's it! If anyone has any specific snack credit or whatever questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for reading! :)

-gina-

I tend to overlook counter-service meals, but I have to mention this one. We decided to stop at Yorkshire County Fish & Chips for lunch one day, and it was DELICIOUS. Absolutely piping-hot and fresh, and soooooo good!! And the shortbread cookies they gave us for dessert went perfectly with coffee a couple of hours later. It was the best CS meal we had by far. Just wanted to share that! :)

-gina-

That's good to know you can use CS credits for the fish and chips. And I love shortbread. Great reviews!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter