how crowded in Feb.????

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
Hi we will be heading down to disney the week before presidents week, thought it would be a little less crowds, has anyone ever been there at that time???:confused:

My husband and I made the mistake of going after the 14th one year. Since we frequent Disney often, we were used to being able to just go and find an on-site room once we got there. Unfortunately those days are over:mad: Anyway, this particular time was our honeymoon and we stayed over night at one of the All Stars before leaving for Jamaica the next day. It wasn't crowded when we left. We were gone five days and when we got back, it was a mad house. There wasn't a room on-site available at all. Apparently, Disney sponsors cheerleading competitions in February, there are races in Daytona, and some schools have spring break early. We finally got a room because we had placed a reservation for this time before we left (unfortunately my husband had let the reservations lapse) and my husband told the people at Disney we had a reservation so our room should be available (he forgot to tell them he let the reservation lapse). We stayed one day and decided to go home. The parks were so crowded it wasn't fun. If you stay before the 14th you should be okay. You can also check the Disney website and see if they are having any special events during that time that would cause the parks to be more crowded.

Hope you have a great time:)

courtneysunshine

I was there this past Feb 8th -12th and it wasn't crowded at all,, i have been in Sept and Oct and Dec and Feb and really liked the time in Feb. Great weather!
Mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec 95'
holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98'
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
Royal Plaza resort Feb 2001
Wyndham palace and spa Sept 2001( next week)
Westagate lakes Nov 2002

Last year we went the week before President's day and it was wonderful. I think we will go a week earlier in February of 2002 because they are messing around with resort rates near the President's day weekend. Rates are better earlier.

Anyway, the weather was fantastic and crowds were low. Things shut down earlier and you may miss out on MK fireworks. Well worth it though.

I agree about the weather, but it can get colder at night, so take some long pants and a light jacket. I have gone twice for President's week, and while the weather was great, the crowds are huge! My dad has a time share in Kiss. at that time, but I would recommend going earlier in the month if you choose February. Presidents' Day changes from year to year, so watch out!

The first two weeks are fine, then Presidents Day and Valentines day usher in spring break, and it's a ZOO!

I would avoid the AS Resorts the first two weeks, TONS of cheerleaders and youth groups. Pure HELL. Noisy, obnoxious and crowded.

Also Indy Jones is likely shut down as that's the stage they do the rah-rah competitions on.

It can also be FREEZING during that time of year. In 1997 we were wearing winter coats and hats it was so cold!

Anne

I'M NOT SURE HOW CROWDED IT IS IN FEB BUT I KNOW THAT IN APRIL ITS A GREAT TIME TO GO. I WENT THERE IN APRIL AND IT WASN'T TO HOT AT ALL AND THERE WERE HARDLEY ANY LINES IT WAS GREAT!

I have never been in Feb., but my best friend went last year the 1st week of Feb., and he loved it!! He came back raving about the crowds(or lack of)! We went the 1st week of March and had very few crowds, but I read on these boards that the week of Presidents day was PACKED!!! Hope it's a great trip!!:cool:

WE WENT FOR THE WEEK JUST BEFORE PRESIDENTS WEEK IN 2000.THERE WERE MINIMAL LINES(LONGEST WAIT WAS 45 MIN FOR A RIDE BY MID AFTERNOON)THE WEEKEND (PRESIDENTS WEEKEND )WAS A ZOO ,THE RESORT WAS PACKED AND THE LINES IN THE PARKS WERE REALLY LONG.YOU NEED TO AVOID PRESIDENTS WEEK END

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter