How did you decide what was the best length trip for your vacation/family?

Many years ago (32) when we got married our honeymoon was 11 days at WDW. We found out over the years that a 6 day trip was just about perfect for us. Now that we are DVC and are nearing retirement we are looking forward to a super trip. We normally would not borrow points. However, for our retirement trip we are thinking about a 3- week trip, split between our two home resorts, with lots of non park days. We may kill each other by the end with so much together time - but it will be glorious!

Was able to book 4 days at Boardwalk 2-bedroom garden/pool view for the second half of our split stay. This was my first choice for this stay.'

Beach Club was also available but clearly, I would have had to be the first one at 8am today. I checked after I confirmed at BWV and it was no longer available. I will try to make it my first-choice next year.

Our first 5 days are at a 1-bedroom BLT Lakeview.

Many years ago (32) when we got married our honeymoon was 11 days at WDW. We found out over the years that a 6 day trip was just about perfect for us. Now that we are DVC and are nearing retirement we are looking forward to a super trip. We normally would not borrow points. However, for our retirement trip we are thinking about a 3- week trip, split between our two home resorts, with lots of non park days. We may kill each other by the end with so much together time - but it will be glorious!
I kind of love this! I am looking at retiring in about 10 years - and possibly spending more time at WDW doing flexible post-retirement work and just being retired. A studio would suit me again, especially if DH decides he's not ready to retire yet.

Was able to book 4 days at Boardwalk 2-bedroom garden/pool view for the second half of our split stay. This was my first choice for this stay.'

Beach Club was also available but clearly, I would have had to be the first one at 8am today. I checked after I confirmed at BWV and it was no longer available. I will try to make it my first-choice next year.

Our first 5 days are at a 1-bedroom BLT Lakeview.
Enjoy! A cash stay at BWV in a studio was "pixie dusted" to a 1br and since then I have had a fondness for BWV and almost bought there for our first DVC contract. And you will be in a refurbished room, most likely, making it even better! We were just there last summer, and I think I still prefer BWV over BCV (ducks) because we like the vibe of the Boardwalk area more, Flying Fish is one of my favorite restaurants on property, and we spend as much time at HS as we do at EP, so we like the shorter walk to HS from BWV. We do enjoy SAB but having just returned from the Bahamas where we spent three days at an adjacent water park, I feel like we could address our water park needs by also (finally) visiting a Disney water park. (<-- this would be my first entry in "never have I ever (DVC edition)"

I kind of love this! I am looking at retiring in about 10 years - and possibly spending more time at WDW doing flexible post-retirement work and just being retired. A studio would suit me again, especially if DH decides he's not ready to retire yet.

Enjoy! A cash stay at BWV in a studio was "pixie dusted" to a 1br and since then I have had a fondness for BWV and almost bought there for our first DVC contract. And you will be in a refurbished room, most likely, making it even better! We were just there last summer, and I think I still prefer BWV over BCV (ducks) because we like the vibe of the Boardwalk area more, Flying Fish is one of my favorite restaurants on property, and we spend as much time at HS as we do at EP, so we like the shorter walk to HS from BWV. We do enjoy SAB but having just returned from the Bahamas where we spent three days at an adjacent water park, I feel like we could address our water park needs by also (finally) visiting a Disney water park. (<-- this would be my first entry in "never have I ever (DVC edition)"
I selected BWV over BCV this trip because I thought my granddaughter might not be ready for SAB. I felt another year would make SAB more enjoyable for her.

This year she will be 5 going on 6 and next year 6 going on 7 so the year could make a difference.

I selected BWV over BCV this trip because I thought my granddaughter might not be ready for SAB. I felt another year would make SAB more enjoyable for her.

This year she will be 5 going on 6 and next year 6 going on 7 so the year could make a difference.
Absolutely! The pool at SAB really is better for strong swimmers and kids who won't get lost. It's big and has a bunch of separate areas. The little slide is across the walkway (as is the entrance to the big slide)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter