How difficult is it to connect in Atlanta?

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi out there. First of all, let me admit that I'm not a frequent flyer. Is 1hour and 15 minutes long enough (with children and only carry ons) to connect in Atlanta? We'll be flying Delta and connecting on a Delta partner, Atlantic Tr..... something. Or maybe it's vice versa. Some body please tell me it's not as bad as changing airlines in DFW. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No matter which airline I've flown I've always found my connection in Atl....to be easy to complete......

1 hour and 15 min. is more than enough time to connect in Atlanta. The airport is well laid out and very easy to navigate. There will be agents there to get you to your connecting flight. Delta dominates this airport so gates are rarely more than a concourse apart. ATL is a cakewalk compared to DFW.

I love this airport!

Have a great time! :) :) :) :) :)

Watch the doors to load onto the train. Usually, for some reason, people are lined up in front of just a couple doors and if you move down a bit, you can have a door to yourself, or just about. There are almost no places to sit down on these trains so it can be a hassle juggling carry-ons, strollers, and young children. You can keep kids in the strollers if there is room on the train.

I usually skip the trains and use the moving sidewalks, especially if the trains are crowded.

Atlanta airport is a breeze. It is well marked and easy to navigate.

I've been through the Atlanta airport many many times. 1 hr 15 min should be enough to change planes. The Delta partner is American Southeast Airlines (ASA).

Here's a link to the Atlanta airport website, and they have a map of the airport. IIRC, ASA shares concourse C with Airtran. Just follow the signs and don't be afraid to ask directions and you shouldn't have a problem.

I've connected flights at ATL numerous times. 1hour and 15 min. should be plenty of time. If your connecting flight is in another concourse, go down an escalator to the train and take it to the concourse you need. It's very easy to find where you're going.

Enjoy your trip! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter