How do characters see?

JH87

DIS Veteran
Ok, didn't know where to post this, but how do the CMs who play the characters like mickey, stitch, pooh, tigger, etc, how do they see? i swear on some costumers its like where on earth is the see-through part?!
I've been very curious for a while on this! Disney does a great job in disguising it!

I think it's usually in the mouth.

Some characters can not see. You can tell because they are less interactive with the guests. If you see them go on or off stage you will notice they are led by their handlers.

Some characters can not see. You can tell because they are less interactive with the guests. If you see them go on or off stage you will notice they are led by their handlers.

Oh I thought that was because the handlers just wanted to hold the characters hand, :lmao: :lmao:…ohh I didn’t know .. wow I just learned something! :thumbsup2

How do Pooh, Mickey, Stitch and Tigger see?
With their eyes, of course. Just like everyone else. :goodvibes

And what's this about, "the CMs who play the characters..."? Play them? OH! You mean like at Halloween for going to a party as Mickey or such? :confused3

- Dreams

And what's this about, "the CMs who play the characters..."? Play them? OH! You mean like at Halloween for going to a party as Mickey or such? :confused3

- Dreams

:lmao: exactly like when Santa comes and eats the cookies at Christmas, not mum and dad :rolleyes1

- Dreams

:rotfl:
Silly me!

Disney does a great job in disguising it!

They do a great job now but have you seen some of the old costumes? lol. DS has the disneyland sing-along dvd that was filmed in the early 90s (so not even that long ago) and I have to laugh at some of the costumes. There is one song with a bunch of bears (i believe they are supposed to be the characters from the country bear jamboree) and there's one bear in particular that has this long neck with a big mesh circle in the middle of it so that the CM can see out! It looks awful!

They do a great job now but have you seen some of the old costumes? lol. DS has the disneyland sing-along dvd that was filmed in the early 90s (so not even that long ago) and I have to laugh at some of the costumes. There is one song with a bunch of bears (i believe they are supposed to be the characters from the country bear jamboree) and there's one bear in particular that has this long neck with a big mesh circle in the middle of it so that the CM can see out! It looks awful!

hahaha I think I had that sing a long when I was little (i was obsessed with Disney sing a longs!) cuz that sounds really familiar! Even now some are obvious, like the eyes are a mesh material and stuff (like the Queen of Hearts)...but with Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Chip & Dale, and now Duffy, it's like wow!!

Brear Bear in the parks has that same mess grate on his neck, saw him and his "patch" last July.

I think Pluto and Donald see through their "eyes", whenever they sign autographs they put the book on their nose/beak. I saw a little girl get an autograph from Mr. Incredible. She handed him her book and stood by his side getting ready for the picture. Mr. Increadible didn't see her move and looked to his other side to find her then proceeded to turn in a circle to find her, he almost knocked her down. Those poor character have major blind spots. I feel bad for those guys in the heat. I think Disney should get them cooler vests (a vest with tube piping all over it, it the tubes is ice cold water.)

It seems like the costumes are getting a lot more technology in them. I wouldn't be surprised if soon the CM doesn't need to see strait out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter