How do I figure out how much a limited edition cel is worth?

disneydenisel

DIS Veteran
Many years ago, I bought a 101 Dalmations limited edition cel. It's the one where all the puppies are hanging around the piano at the end of the movie. I LOVE it! I was just wondering where I would go to figure out what it is worth. I probably bought it at least 16 years ago, I think. I googled for it and there were just animation shops selling new artwork. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There are two kinds of LE cels.

The sericel is usually in an edition size of 1,000 to 5,000 (but may go higher) and are not individually numbered but just state the edition size. These are comopletely mechanical reproductions. They generally tend to be worth somewhere around their original price, usually about $200.

The other type has the lines (black) mechanically applied, usually by a xerographic procedure but the cel itself is hand inked. These are usually editions of 500 or fewer. They tend to be serially numbered, such as 217 of 250. These tend to be worth more than their original price.

One place you might check is www.disneyana-exchange.com which deals strictly in Disney collectibles with minimum value of $100.

Cheshire Figment said:
The other type has the lines (black) mechanically applied, usually by a xerographic procedure but the cel itself is hand inked. These are usually editions of 500 or fewer. They tend to be serially numbered, such as 217 of 250. These tend to be worth more than their original price.

Thank you! Mine is x/500 I think, and I know it is hand inked. I'll check out the website you pointed me to, thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter