How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

Please select the hour in which your flight arrives
Your exact bus departure time will be based on your hour of arrival and your flight information. After you collect your bags at Baggage Claim, please proceed directly to the Sunshine Flyer location in Terminal B, Level 1. We will be waiting to direct you to your bus. Please select the hour in which your plane Arrives/Departs from MCO. Your bus transfer time will be emailed to your prior to your dates.

That seems really weird for a flight that arrives in the second half hour (like between :30 and :59) - like my flight lands at 6:44pm. I'd hate to think that people who land at 6:00 and are scheduled on my bus are going to be waiting for me. I wonder why they can't connect their system to air schedules like Mears does where you input your actual flight information.

You do
That seems really weird for a flight that arrives in the second half hour (like between :30 and :59) - like my flight lands at 6:44pm. I'd hate to think that people who land at 6:00 and are scheduled on my bus are going to be waiting for me. I wonder why they can't connect their system to air schedules like Mears does where you input your actual flight information.

It did ask for actual flight information in addition to the times. I have not ridden yet so am not sure how they use the info. My return flight leaves at 9:50pm and I had to put 9-10pm so I am hoping they don’t pick me up too soon for the return trip.

I don't think they reserve space on a particular bus for you. They simply use the information you provide - both the hour during which you expect to arrive and the flight information - to estimate how many passengers they'll need to transport to which destinations at various times of day. Magical Express did the same thing, and I'm sure Mears does too.

You should go onto Trip Advisor and read some of the recent Mears reviews. It's pretty bad.

I agree. The Mears TA reviews are really bad.

The common thread in the reviews is that getting to your hotel from MCO seems to be generally a good experience. The problems arise when it’s time to head back to the airport. I’m reading review after review about the buses being extremely late, or not showing up at all. And when your call their customer service # people are reporting that it’s a 30+ wait for an operator. So a lot of people have to give up and just take Lyft/ Uber - so they paid twice to get back to the airport. With limited space on flights these days, you really can’t risk missing a flight!

I can say I tried to call Mears last week mid day (I had a pre- booking transportation question as we are doing a Universal/Disney split stay. ) the hold time I was quoted was 45 minutes. I hung up and didn’t bother.

Are either one any better for toddler? First time heading down since ME is no more. The deal on the Sunshine flyer seems really too good to pass up but if MEARS is better then let me know please. I've always hated the pick you up 4 hours early thing though even with ME but have never taken an uber with a carseat and don't really feel like trying it first time down there.

So when I looked into both of them for our trip in April, Mears wouldn't guarantee a vehicle type. It could be a charter bus, or it could be a van. Sunshine Flyer is more stable with vehicle type. (we ended up using Happy Limo because we weren't ready for shared transportation yet). If I was traveling with a kid who was still in some sort of car seat, I'd feel more comfortable on the Sunshine Flyer.

Mears picked me up at 3:15 am this past Tuesday. In a van, made two other stops. It is my understanding that SF won't pick up earlier than 7.

Now I am super concerned. This YouTuber just came back form WDW and used sunshine flyers. She had to wait 25 minutes after check in for the bus to arrive. She was the 6th stop out of 7and it took her 90 min to get to her hotel. So basically 2 hours from check-in to resort. That is crazy.

Anyone with recent similar experiences?

We just had an excellent experience with Sunshine Flyer as well. I called to book because it was only 3 days before our travel date and it could no longer be booked online. Booking was easy. No problems. We waited only 5 minutes or less for a bus at the airport. They had about 5 families board from 4 different resorts (this was a Sunday evening about 8:00 pm and MCO was not busy at all). Our flight was delayed by about an hour, but they still accommodated us that quickly. All in all, about 60 minutes from arriving at the check in to being at the resort.

For the return, they picked us up promptly when they said- exactly 3 hours before our flight on a busy Saturday. In fact, the bus was there before us, and we had showed up 10 minutes before our pick up time. We were the last resort to board though, so I’m not sure how long the other families were on the bus.
We would definitely book again in the future.

We just had an excellent experience with Sunshine Flyer as well. I called to book because it was only 3 days before our travel date and it could no longer be booked online. Booking was easy. No problems. We waited only 5 minutes or less for a bus at the airport. They had about 5 families board from 4 different resorts (this was a Sunday evening about 8:00 pm and MCO was not busy at all). Our flight was delayed by about an hour, but they still accommodated us that quickly. All in all, about 60 minutes from arriving at the check in to being at the resort.

For the return, they picked us up promptly when they said- exactly 3 hours before our flight on a busy Saturday. In fact, the bus was there before us, and we had showed up 10 minutes before our pick up time. We were the last resort to board though, so I’m not sure how long the other families were on the bus.
We would definitely book again in the future.
which resort did you stay ?

Mears: my flight arrived early, 10AM due in 10:10 AM. Waited over 1/2 hour for a bus to come. Have now been sitting on the bus over 15 minutes with no plans to leave. It is 11:45. I have already had to text scooter company that I can’t make a noon pick up. Who knows how many resorts the bus will hit before they get to mine?

One word for Mears: don’t.

Or if you do, allow yourself 3 hours.

All of these bad reviews has me questioning it all. I may just book Tiffany Towncar and pay the extra for peace of mind. We are landing at 9 pm and I really want to get to our room ASAP so this would probably be my best bet.

I did just cancel my Mears reservation and when asked for a reason I put "too many bad reviews."

All of these bad reviews has me questioning it all. I may just book Tiffany Towncar and pay the extra for peace of mind. We are landing at 9 pm and I really want to get to our room ASAP so this would probably be my best bet.

I did just cancel my Mears reservation and when asked for a reason I put "too many bad reviews."
well, I just checked their reviews on facebook and they are even worse. from late drivers, to horrible CS and cars. not sure what to do. Iw ill probably stick with sunshine flyers, among the options I only saw one not so great review

well, I just checked their reviews on facebook and they are even worse. from late drivers, to horrible CS and cars. not sure what to do. Iw ill probably stick with sunshine flyers, among the options I only saw one not so great review

I don’t have Facebook but checked on trip advisor and Tiffany Towncar seems to have great reviews.

I recently booked a Mears taxi to take me home from the airport (pickup at MCO, drop off in central Florida) and despite my return flight being delayed, and then changed and bouncing all over the driver was at the bottom of the escalator with our names on a tablet when we got there. He helped us retrieve our very heavy luggage, walked us to the car which was in a very close VIP garage under the terminal that I didn’t know existed, and got us home faster than we’ve ever gotten home. So if you are going for a private ride Mears is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter