How do these MK plans look?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I did up tentative touring plans for MK for our May trip. We've gone back and forth between doing one long, or two shorter days, and I think we've settled on two days. I honestly don't know what to use for our 3rd FP+ on our second day, lol! Touring Plans is showing really awesome wait times (using rope drop). Any suggestions (no Haunted Mansion, BTMR or Space)? And otherwise, how do the plans look?

Day 1 (rope drop with afternoon break):

Line up to meet Merida
Tea Party
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Under the Sea
7D (using DAS)
Line up to meet Winnie the Pooh
Adventures of Winnie the Pooh FP+ 11:00-12:00
Carousel
Leave for break around noon.
Return to the park around 5.

Meet Mickey & Minnie FP+ 4:30-5:30
Monsters Inc.
Buzz Lightyear FP+ 5:50-6:50
Astro Orbiters
Garden Plaza Dessert Party for HEA 7:30

After the fireworks we'll either leave, or re-ride some favorites (EMH 9-11 this night)

Day 2 (rope drop to afternoon)

Main Street Vehicles
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Magic Carpets
Swiss Family Treehouse
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash FP+10:30-11:30
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Peter Pan's Flight FP+12:50-1:50
Lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus around 1:00
Meet Rapunzel & Tiana FP+ 1:50-2:50
Go stake out a spot for the parade

Leave after the parade.

What can I use for my 3rd FP? Wait times are all showing under 15 minutes!

Maybe someone with more experience using daily touring plans can give you more input cause 15 min wait times doesn’t seem realistic. But I feel like Merida and especially tea party are a waste of prime rope drop time. It may be a bit more out of the way, but maybe start with Astro orbiters cause that can have a long wait later in the day and then snake around to some of the other stuff. You could use your 3rd fp for small world or enchanted tales with belle.

I'm planning a May trip as well and I'm pretty skeptical about some of the wait times it's showing on touring plans for my trip, so I advise caution there.

For Day 1, I would start with Under the Sea, then Dumbo/ Barnstormer/ tea cups, and then Merida. I know she arrives shortly after 9 and the wait will be shortest then but I figure it this way- if you get to the park an hour before opening and then line up and wait until 9:30 to meet her, you've spent 1.5 hours on a character meet. Use that early time to ride some attractions and then wait 20-30 minutes to meet her instead.

Alternately, consider going to Astro Orbiter at RD and then heading over to Merida.

For Day 2, the order looks fine but I would be incredibly surprised to see both JC and Pirates with a 15 minute wait around 9:30/ 10 AM when you'd be done with Main St vehicles. I'd FP one or the other, Pirates being the one I'd choose because it's the one you're going to second. Alternately, one or both of them can usually be obtained as a 4th FP (which I realize would mean moving up Splash/ Peter Pan and then circling back sometime after Peter Pan).

JC will not have a 15 minute wait at that point. I don't know what's up with TP wait times lately. I had it tell me to do SDMT at 9:30 with a 30 minute wait and SDD at 10 with a 34 minute wait.

Be sure to hit 7D at rope drop first to get that return time and then hit up Under The Sea, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Tea Cups, then make your way towards Merida. The attractions at the back of Fantasyland have barely anyone back there and you can get the 4 done between 30-45 minutes after park opening.

Not a bad plan but I would be doing Jungle Cruise at rope drop then pirates. We usually rope drop Astro Orbiters then Buzz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter