How Do You Carry Your "Stuff" in the Parks???

I bought a camera bag that was much larger than my little digital camera. It is lightweight and padded with enough little pockets to keep me happy.

The best part is my hubby will take a turn carrying it unlike my purse.:p

DH just uses his pockets for his cell phone & wallet. The kids each have a fannypack with camera & DisneyDollars & room key/ticket. I am the pack mule. I wear my fanny pack (I love it!!). I hold my camera, room key, tylenol, cell phone (all the things I want easy access to). Then I also carry a lightweight backpack that I got at TravelSmith.com. It holds water, snacks (though I may make the kids carry some this time), ponchos, sun screen, etc. (DH won't carry the backpack because he does not have the patience when the family keeps opening it for water, snacks, etc. :rolleyes: )

PenguinGal -
I got the mini sidekick by Eagle Creek. I looked and it is no longer on ebags, but I found a couple of sites with it for sale for under $20. I ended up getting mine for about that much, don't really remember. Basically, there are straps that are hidden by a pouch if you want to carry it as a shoulder bag and a detachable shoudler strap if you want to use it as a fanny pack. It is a nice size, smaller most of the sport packs. There is a larger version called the sidekick as well.

Cargo pants or shorts. I try to travel as light as posible (who wants to carry any extra wieght while walking miles and miles) and bring only the essentials. The added benefit of cargos over bulky bags is skipping the bag check. Unfortunately, I know many people need more than they can fit in cargo pockets. On days that I need more, just a regular backpack works the best-especially if you can stuff it in a locker.

Originally posted by PatriciaH
I LOVE my fanny pack/waist pack for WDW! I can not imagine using a backpack or larger bag. Who cares if people think they look silly-they ae the most comfortable option for me:)
::yes::

DH carries his wallet, I carry the fanny pack. In it are only the essentials....if it doesn't fit, it doesn't go! As a matter of fact, last trip, DH saw a fanny pack that he had to have so now he has one too. He hasn't used it yet but will on our next trip. He only got it because it has Grumpy on it and will probably only use it at WDW but that's ok, we go every year anyway so it's good to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter