How do you combine dining and Spectro/Wishes

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
Sounds like the best spot to watch both Spectromagic and Wishes is from the train station or the lower half of Main Street. I'm going to a 6 pm Spectromagic and 7 pm Wishes on Dec. 8th. I figure we'll need to stake out a spot from 30 min. to an hour ahead of time. So, how do we manage dinner? I'm a first-timer, so I'm not sure where the restaurants are located along Main Street. If we go the counter-service route can I just bring something to DH and DS's while they "reserve" our spots? And if we can get a PS at the Plaza Restaurant could we see everything or would it be the luck of the draw based on where we were seated? I need help...DH and DS's can get very grumpy when they're hungry.

Welcome to the IDS <b>LauraR</b>. I'm glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

I think that you will get excellent advice about this if I move this to our restaurants board.

Katholyn

Plaza Restaurant is a great place to eat, but you won't be able to see either from there. Tony's is near the end of Main Street and has porch seating (if you can get it) that would allow you to see the parade from there, but am not sure how good a view you'd have of the fireworks --- I'm thinking it would be OK, but just don't know.
You can definitely have a couple people stake out a spot on the street or 2nd floor of the train station and others can bring back food. Casey's hot dogs is close by, with ice cream directly across the street. There's also some fast food choices at the beginning of Tomorrow Land, which would be 5-7 minutes away. As it gets closer to parade time, however, people start 'crowding in', and might try to stand in front of people who are on the curb. Two people wouldn't necessarily be able to save spaces for a big group.

You could also have an early dinner or snack around 4-4:30 and something else afterwards.

It does get tough trying to schedule it all, doesn't it? On the two days we are planning on evening parade viewing, we have late (as in 2:15) lunches planned for nice, sit down places. Since it takes us always an hour at least to eat, we aren't hungry for anything but ice cream later.

Plus, if you have some night owls, you could always then hop over to Downtown Disney and do dessert at Ghirardellis -not a bad ending to a good day!!
Have fun !

Melissa

Katholyn- Thanks for moving me to the correct forum! I was kind of thinking I might have picked the wrong one.

Kda and Melissa-I appreciate your input. It helps to narrow things down! I think we'll take the advice about a nice big late lunch, and then before Spectromagic try finding a spot on the second floor of the train station. Then I'll hop over to get some Casey's hot dogs to keep the natives from getting restless. Also liked the idea of Ghiradelli's after the fireworks---that would be a perfect ending!

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter