How do you feel bringing a backpack that has to left were other people can take it?

jmunguia

Earning My Ears
Usually my fiance comes and he doesn't like going to many things, so he carries the bag. Its me and my sister, and as far as taking full advantage of the rides, should we feel paranoid about leaving our bag somewhere. I'm thinking camera, film, snacks, wipes, misty mate, ponchos, etc. It would not be fun to have someone take our bag. So this question is more directed at singles. Families, normally have someone standing around and holding their stuff, I know. Please let us know as this is a stressful decision for me and we are leaving in 2 days...

Thank UUUUUUUUU :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I always take the backpack or fanny pack right on the ride!

With a backpack I set it on the floor and step thru one of the straps and pull the strap up onto my thigh then I know it's not going anywhere and I won't forget it!! The Fanny pack just turns to the side away from the bar.

Have you considered wearing fanny/belly packs this trip? with you and your sister wearing one you can take everything that you would carry in the backpack but spilt the weight of carrying 1 backpack between you! And I find it less hassle!

We take a backpack and a fanny pack. The fanny pack we carry with us, and the backpack we put in a locker. It has food, camcorder, extra rain ponchos, dry socks, foot care kit, extra frozen water bottles, etc. We go back throughout the day and replenish our water and food stock. The fanny pack has camera, ponchos (disposable), a little food, park tickets and money. We never leave a backpack unattended, it wouldn't last a minute. Even if someone didn't steal it, some good-hearted person will take it to lost and found. You can put a backpack at your feet on all rides that I know of. I even did it on Rock n Rollercoaster.

I as well always carry our backpack with us on the rides. It isnt that much of a hassle. Or like tc said, stuff it in a locker and just put your most usable stuff in a fanny pack if you have one!
Dont stress!!! You are getting ready to go to WDW!! BE HAPPY!! :) IT WILL ALL WORK OUT!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

How about throw the sweat shirts, rain gear, any other big stuff in a locker and put camera, wipes, make-up etc. in fanny pack.

Here's a related question...

What do you do with your room key and/or money when you use the pool at the resort?

Room keys are perfectly safe in a towel by your shoes and whatever else you brought, as long as you just look up from time to time to check on it. If you're really worried, take a small beach bag with you and put it in there.

I agree that fanny packs and back packs are very manageable on rides. There's always some way to keep them close and secure.

Backpacks are manageable on most rides. I never had a problem, not even on Rock 'N' Rollercoaster at MGM nor on Dudley Do Right Ripsaw falls at IOA.

What about your water bottle? I got a Brita to save money on bottled water, and am already worried about taking it on rides, etc.

What about your water bottle? I got a Brita to save money on bottled water, and am already worried about taking it on rides, etc.

I bought a bottle holder at my local sporting goods store. It's used for hikers and has loops that be attached to a backpack. The whole bottle slips inside.

How do you "freeze" or take "frozen" water bottles to the park if staying at a WDW Resort? We rent a refrigerator when we are there but they don't have freezer's, right? Maybe pack them in ice before going to sleep? Not sure that would work. Let me know how this is done or any ideas that work. Thanks!

RobinLyn;)

Originally posted by RobinLyn
How do you "freeze" or take "frozen" water bottles to the park if staying at a WDW Resort? We rent a refrigerator when we are there but they don't have freezer's, right? Maybe pack them in ice before going to sleep? Not sure that would work. Let me know how this is done or any ideas that work. Thanks!

RobinLyn;)

When you say you rent a fridge-- do you actually get one that you can put your own food in? When I stayed at CBR I requested a fridge and got one of their packed ones with outrageiously priced items. I'd like one that I could put my own food and drinks in. I've already made my ressies, is it too late to request one?

Thankx

PlutosMyFav

I usually take my backpack on the ride with me, but there are some rides that I can't. They usually have a place for people to put their backpacks while they ride...little cubicles or just on the floor. I never had anyone steal my backpack.

plutosmyfav,

Yes, you can rent a refrigerator at your Resort, an empty one. The cost is $10.60 a day and you can request one on your reservations, just call them back. You don't pay for it until you check in, then you can pay using a charge card or any other way you like. We think it's worth the extra money. We buy breakfast stuff, snacks, water and soda for the kids.

I also want to say"Hi" to my neighbor Sharon! (Dopey Sharon) We met here at the DIS boards and only live about one mile away from each other.

RobinLyn;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter