HOw do you get the dining plan if you are a DVC renter?

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
Staring April 1 DVC members and renters are supposed to be able to do the dining plan. So how do you get this? Do you need to tell the person you are renting from? Do they have to "buy" it and resell it to you? Can you just buy it when you check in? Does anyone know how this will work?

The dining plan for DVC members MUST be added by calling DVC prior to your stay an adding to the reservation. You apparently cannot get it by showing up at the time of check in and requesting it. But when you call DVC you do not have to pay for it at the time - you pay at the time of check in. Renters cannot call DVC - the call must be made by the owner. So get the person you rented from to call DVC and add your dining plan to the reservation. Then you pay for it when you arrive and check in, so there is no cost to the owner.

JLS said:
The dining plan for DVC members MUST be added by calling DVC prior to your stay an adding to the reservation. You apparently cannot get it by showing up at the time of check in and requesting it. But when you call DVC you do not have to pay for it at the time - you pay at the time of check in. Renters cannot call DVC - the call must be made by the owner. So get the person you rented from to call DVC and add your dining plan to the reservation. Then you pay for it when you arrive and check in, so there is no cost to the owner.

i just called member services last night and added the dining plan for my stay when i'm renting points. no problem at all.

I agree, I as a renter also called and added the dining plan option myself, you do not need to be the owner to add it on.

JLS said:
Renters cannot call DVC - the call must be made by the owner.
This particular sentence is not precisely correct. A renter CAN call DVC member services and do a number of things: confirm their reservation, make DME arrangements, make or change room requests, add the dining plan, etc. Most DVC owners will provide the MS phone number to their renters for those purposes.

As a renter, you WILL NOT be able to change the resort, room type, dates, or anything having to do with the owner's account, but you can certainly sign up for the dining plan by yourself.

If you've been told you can't call MS by an owner, that's not surprising. Some owners are under the impression that renters can't do ANYthing with MS, but they are incorrect. Others think that because MS is paid for from our dues each year, only we can use MS. Just ain't true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter