How do you, make a picture of your avatar waving?..

mikeyandscoobyx2

<font color=orange><b>-hugs tag-fairy-</b><br><fon
How do you make a picture of your avatar on VMK, and put it in your signature so the avatar is waiting? Do you need photoshop?

Thanks! Mike.

Yeah, pretty much any program that can create animations. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Photoshop CS2. It's pretty easy to make an animation there. If you need further instructions for that, I'd be happy to provide them. :}

Yeah, pretty much any program that can create animations. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Photoshop CS2. It's pretty easy to make an animation there. If you need further instructions for that, I'd be happy to provide them. :}

I can use instructions :) Is htere any photoshop for free? And yes, i need to learn more about this lol.

I can use instructions :) Is htere any photoshop for free? And yes, i need to learn more about this lol.
As far as the official creators of the program want you to know, there's nothing free besides the 30-day trial. The shady, overcoat-wearing guys who lurk in alleys, on the other hand... ;)

Anyway, it's been a while since I used CS2, but as far as I remember, this is how you do it:
  • Go to the 'Windows' dropdown menu and select 'Animation'.
  • Pull up a picture of your character waving.
  • Create a new slide for that picture's animation.
  • Select the slide.
  • Pull up another picture of your character waving, this time with the arm in a different position.
  • Using the move tool, drag that picture onto the first one.
  • Click on the 'Jump to ImageReady' button on your toolbar.
  • Go to File - Save for Web.
  • Click save.

I think I got that right. I certainly hope I did, at any rate. ;)

Just remember: when in doubt, ask someone else to do it for you. :upsidedow

LOL thank you for the instructions. I just hope the free trial is not a virus..

I can make one for you. I do them all the time for myself. Just provide me with the following frames with your avatar facing forwards:

- Normal
- Wave 1
- Wave 2
- (optional) Character blinking. Does not need to be waving.

It's pretty easy work. Just about 9 frames in a GIF image. You need photoshop and imageready for it, though.

Edit: Eek, nvm. It was explained. Gosh I need to read before I post ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter