How do you meet other runDisney enthusiasts?

cddrewski

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I am new to the runDisney community and would love to know how you go about meeting other runDisney enthusiasts in your town? What tools/apps/websites do you use to meet others?

Would love to meet new friends locally and know a few friendly faces at each of the races.

Thank you!

We have one local friend who is also a runDisney enthusiast. It just so happened that we know each other through work and stumbled upon our mutual love. I do know there is a Facebook runDisney group, although I don't really participate in it much, but might be a good way to find local fans.

I get most of my runDisney camaraderie from the lovely folks in this forum and even though I keep missing them, there are usually one or more casual meet-ups in the works at the race weekends.

I have close friends IRL who enjoy runDisney with me and we do races together. I also have a co-worker who does races but in my opinion definitely don't limit yourself to runDisney people only when looking for running buddies. Most of my running friends at local races I've met through regular running clubs and we definitely have other things in common.

To The Running Thread on this forum has a list of where people are racing so you could theoretically if you're running a race you could run into someone at it.

Does anyone have a link to the Facebook runDisney group? I did a search, but A LOT of groups popped up. Is there a main or official one?

Can we post groups here I know we can't on the cruise subsection.

I am apart of a group called Pacebook Running Club and Team Expedition Runner. Team Expedition you have to pay for though as it is a formally recognized running club.

Can we post groups here I know we can't on the cruise subsection.

I am apart of a group called Pacebook Running Club and Team Expedition Runner. Team Expedition you have to pay for though as it is a formally recognized running club.

Thanks. You're right that linking is probably forbidden based on the rules for the other forums. I was wondering if there was a specific FB group for runDisney. I'll settle for someone just posting the exact name of the group if there is, LOL.

The most active general ones are runDisney Run and Team #rundisney.

Also, check the runDisney official Facebook page for events. The event discussions for each race tend to be fairly active as they get closer. And that's where they post pertinent information, last minute updates, merch previews, etc.

Thanks. You're right that linking is probably forbidden based on the rules for the other forums. I was wondering if there was a specific FB group for runDisney. I'll settle for someone just posting the exact name of the group if there is, LOL.

Both of those are pretty much runDisney only but also support members running other races.

runDisneyRun (all one word) is a pretty big one. :)

The most active general ones are runDisney Run and Team #rundisney.

Thanks! I'll look for those.

Also, check the runDisney official Facebook page for events. The event discussions for each race tend to be fairly active as they get closer. And that's where they post pertinent information, last minute updates, merch previews, etc.

I do like/follow the runDisney FB page, but I'll pay more attention to the comments on the event posts. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter