How do you prove you're in education?

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
For the Swan/Dolpin teacher/educational support staff discount, what do you need to provide to prove you're in the field? I don't have a school ID or anything...So I'm not sure what they would want. TIA!

If you don't have an id you can show a valid certification from your state. Are you a teacher or Ea?

My daughter is working on her degree in teaching, Student Teaching and is an Employee of a local private school. This is what I found on the S&D website:
"Teacher and Education Support Staff Discount
All teachers and educational facility administrative personnel (includes colleges and universities) can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts. If you are a teacher with a certified teaching certificate, or you are employed in a school as an educational facility administrator you can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts.This would include teachers aides, substitute teachers, and administrative staff. These job types will require a Work ID or letter from supervisor on company letterhead stating employment or a recent Pay Stub."

My daughter's boss at the private school wrote her a letter . . .
Hope this helps.
Jackie

I'm currently an assistant at a university, will be a school psychologist...I am thinking my pay stub would also work, but I could also get a letter from the head of my department if I need to.

The explanation say recent pay stub so you should be all set. Because of my daughter's position she only gets paid once a month so she didn't want a problem since the pay stub would be almost 30 days old when she went so she got the letter.

Jackie

Last year I stayed at the Swan and had an awesome teacher discount for a Swan studio. They never asked for any kind of proof. I did have a pay stub with me just in case.

jjbblue99 said:
The explanation say recent pay stub so you should be all set. Because of my daughter's position she only gets paid once a month so she didn't want a problem since the pay stub would be almost 30 days old when she went so she got the letter.

Jackie
Good point, I get paid monthly as well. I'm not even really sure I'll be staying at a hotel that uses that discount, but I wanted to make sure that I had something that would be enough proof if we did decide to go with one of those resorts.

When I used the nurses discount no one asked me or anything, but I brought my pay stub :earsgirl:

her state teacher's license and a pay stub. And, they really looked them over and inputed this in their computer. A GREAT discount but it sure seems that the discount and the number of available days are really dropping every year.

Good luck!

Kapp

i serve on our school's board of education and called the swan/dolphin to ask if i was eligible for the discount... they said "NO!" :( :confused3

gigi1313 said:
i serve on our school's board of education and called the swan/dolphin to ask if i was eligible for the discount... they said "NO!" :( :confused3
Hmm...Since it says "Educational Support Staff" I would consider you eligible...Maybe I should make sure I'm actually eligible since I am only an assistant in a college...But like I said, it's probably doubtful we'll stay there anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter.

At the Swan, I just showed a copy of my teaching certificate, and that was it. On that same trip, my husband also showed his driver's license which proved that we were staying at the Swan during his birthday, and they charged us just $100 for the night of his birthday! I don't think that deal's still going on, though, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

I work in the finance department of our local school system. I called and asked if I qualified for the discount and they said no.

Is this discount only for one resort in Disney or all of the Disney resorts?
My sister is a teacher and she never heard of such a discount. But she sure is instrested in it if you guys have more information.

the discount is offered by the swan and dolphin resorts, neither of which are owned by disney...

Does anyone know if the teachers discount only applies if you teach in the US or does it count if you teach in the UK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter