How does the DVC member reception work?

We are not DVC members. However, we will be taking a DVC member with us on our upcoming cruise. Will she be invited to the reception? If so, can we go with her since she is part of our party?
They don't ask for Member ID's. There is also a DVC reception for anybody interested in the program. It will be listed in the daily Navigator.

They do have a clipboard with a list of dvc members who are sailing. They magically know that we are dvc members because we always pay cash.

When we attended the DVC reception on the Wonder in September '17, they had us tap our Key to the World cards upon entry to verify there was a member in our party. The two cruises before that (Nov '15 and Oct '16) they had a sheet of paper listing the stateroom numbers of the members on board.

They magically know that we are dvc members because we always pay cash.

If the email address on your cruise reservation is the same as one of the email addresses associated with your DVC account (or Disney account in general)... that's how they know :)

We sometimes receive invitations and sometimes not, but they are also usually listed in the Navigator schedule. You can attend the non-member meetings as well for additional opportunities to win the shipboard credit.

Just got off a cruise and they had 2 Member events. The typical sales pitch on day 1 with drinks, gifts, $200 giveaway, etc. Then later they held a mixer. They notified us by phone and it wasn't a sales pitch. They had more drink types (beer, wine, mixed) and it was just for members to mingle. It was 45 minutes and led into dinner hour.

We just received a call about the DVC Member Reception, our cruise leaves on Saturday, 1/26/18. The CM that called us stated there would be a character meet and greet, free drinks/snacks, and a reminder to stop by the DVC desk for a gift.

As I was reading this I got the call from DVC about the reception for our 1/26 sailing. Character meet, cocktails, Welcome Home, etc. Amazing timing!

We just received a call about the DVC Member Reception, our cruise leaves on Saturday, 1/26/18. The CM that called us stated there would be a character meet and greet, free drinks/snacks, and a reminder to stop by the DVC desk for a gift.
As I was reading this I got the call from DVC about the reception for our 1/26 sailing. Character meet, cocktails, Welcome Home, etc. Amazing timing!

would love to hear how yours went when you get back! I am on the feb 26 dream and wondering what they do nowadays. Would love a new hat, my last one is from 2005!

We were on the Fantasy from Jan 20 - Jan 27 and we also received a call a few days before our cruise. We were told that there'd be a member reception at 2:30 PM on embarkation day. My husband was the one who took the call and he specifically remembered being told that there'd be a character meet and greet...we brought our kids and my niece to the reception, thinking it would be a good opportunity to meet characters with smaller crowds but there were no characters at all. As previous posters said, it was basically a sales pitch to try to get us to buy more points. The free drinks were nice and I did appreciate the opportunity to win some prizes but we were a bit disappointed based on what we'd been told ahead of time. We did get new hats the next day though so that was nice!

We always go to the dvc meets on the ships. There has always been a character meet everytime I’ve attended. It’s always just one character. The character is there prior to the start of the event. You never know which character is scheduled.

We’ve seen stitch, Pluto, Donald, goofy, and Minnie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter