How does this sound? Sept-Oct trip plans

WAstateDVCDaddy

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been to WDW in 15 years (or so), and never with a child in tow (DD6). Previous trips were always easy to plan - which park do we want to go to each day, and always quick service food. Now it’s soooooo complicated. Hoping to get some feedback on anything that may not be a good plan.

The Fixed items:
  • Flying in 9/21 - 9/22 (red eye, arriving at 6:30 am)
  • Flying out 10/3
  • Staying at:
    • Swan 9/22 - 9/26
    • Grand Floridian 9/26 - 10/1
    • Universal Royal Pacific 10/1 - 10/2
    • Universal Cabana Bay 10/2 - 10/3
  • Tickets:
    • 6 Day - 1 Park WDW, with Waterpark access
    • MNSSHP - 9/29
    • 2 Day Universal - 1 park
Current park plans:
  1. Sat 9/23 - AK
  2. Sun 9/24 - HS
  3. Mon 9/25 - Epcot - Akershus lunch? (Hopefully with late park hours)
  4. Tue 9/26 (hotel change) - water park and hoop dee doo dinner
  5. Wed 9/27 - MK - Cindy’s Royal table?
  6. Thu 9/28 - Epcot - garden grill lunch?
  7. Fri - 9/29 - Water Park, MNSSHP
  8. Sat - 9/30 - MK - CRT?
  9. Sun - 10/1 - (hotel change) - Universal IOA
  10. Mon - 10/2 - (hotel change) - Universal Studios
I figure we’ll be dead tired on day 1, so Animal Kingdom will be an easy day, and early to bed to adjust to the time change (coming from WA State).

Day 3 at EPCOT should align with extra evening hours - if we can stay up that late.

Day 4 lets us sleep in late, and take it easy, and we have the option of making it a resort day if we want, exploring both the Swan and GF resorts.

Day 5 should be an extra hours day at MK - again, if we can stay awake!

Day 7 provides another opportunity for a rest day. With only the evening MNSSHP as a must do.

Any thoughts? I probably shouldn’t have bought the 6 Day with Waterparks pass - but it was purchased right before the price increase, so it’s more expensive now to switch to a park only pass (assuming we go to at least one WP or mini-golf).

On our last trip to DLR my daughter was feeling the heat, and was done at the parks by 4-5. So I think this is an aggressive schedule, but we’ll dial back the hours in the park as needed. And if I can get ADRs I’ll aim for lunch or early dinner.

Thanks for any advice, guidance, or prayers for a successful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter