How far have bookings dropped?

DadofTigger

Earning My Ears
We will be going on our second cruise in February. We booked the week before the holiday week (hoping it would be less crowded and a little cheaper). On our first cruise we went the holiday week in February and the ship was full. Out of my abnormally high level of curiosity I went to DCL's website to see if a family of four could still book for our cruise and the holiday cruise. Both weeks have staterooms available in most cats. In 2001 only couples without children could still book staterooms for our cruise. Has DCL released how many staterooms have canceled in light of the recent industry health problems? I do not see this as a DCL propblem as much as an industry problem. Again, just my high level of curiosity kicking in.

Just my 2 cents...

We went to WDW last January, and it was pretty empty (well, for WDW anyway!) At that point, the travel industry was still reeling from 9/11. Supposedly most people book 6 months out, and no one was booking anything after that tragic day.

Some of the WDW resorts were completely shut down. Our friends went last February and stayed at a moderate that had just reopened. I believe they were told that the value resorts were full, but just one moderate was open in January.

I have seen hotel and cruise discounts like never before since that time. I just think the industry is still trying to recover.

The travel industry as a whole has been saying that people are staying close to home and when they decide to go further away, they usually book closer to the date of travel now.

With the state of the economy and the state of the world events, I tend to believe that this is true. People are just not into making plans that far ahead with the way that the things are in the world.

Vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter