How Far In Advance Do You Book?

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
Help ~ I've never booked a room at a US resort. I usually book our WDW trips a year in advance & then change my reservations as codes come out. Would you use this same strategy with the Universal Resorts or do something different?

Also, from reading these boards, it seems like the best discounts to look for are the Entertainment book & AAA discounts. Is that correct?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Great question! We'd like to spend 10-14 days in Florida end of June, beginning of July 2005 and want to know when to book.

2005 discounts aren't out yet - they came out for 2004 in late Oct...or was it even into Nov. this past year? It was later than usual.

The Annual pass rates seem lowest this year. Entertainment rates are not nearly as good and for some dates they match either fan club or AAA - it just depends on dates. AAA is about the only discount on club rooms (maybe the annual pass has a discount on them but Entertainment and Fan club card do not).

I just booked today for Dec. (as the discounted rates do "fill up" so when you know when you want to go - go ahead and book when you see a good rate) AAA was my best option because I also got an upgrade to a deluxe room for the standard room rate (I thought it would be to a pool view, but the reservationist said "deluxe"), plus I still get the welcome gift with the Loews First.

Once we decide to go......... and have dates in mind.......... we book, regardless of how long in advance it is. We keep watching for the discounts............ you can always call and have it applied to any existing reservation. You can even change the dates if that is necessary. But, for us, once we decide on the dates we book.......... then worry about getting the best rate once we become aware of it.

One nights stay plus tax - sometimes they charge your card the deposit and sometimes they don't .

They HOLD one nights stay .............. we have NEVER been charged until check in. If for some reason you have to cancel, so long as it 24 hours prior to check in......... they will refund the entire amount. ( The first stay, I kept looking on my charge card for the "deposit" and it never showed up, so I called to ask why and to make sure we still had our reservation, we did, and she explained they only "hold" it, and do not charge your card until you check in.) If this has changed, I'm not aware of it. I would inquire about it when you book.

I booked HRH for late October this year in early December last year, soon after the ENT rates came out. I called last week to try and get an additional room and was told the hotel was full at any rate except for kid's suites. It obviously is different for different times of the year, and October is busy with Halloween Horror Nights, and some of the rooms may be held for agents and may be released later for general sale, but nevertheless, I would book as soon as you know your dates. You can always try and get a lower rate later.

I booked our 10-day July vacation back at the end of January. I got my credit statement a day or so ago and the RPR 1-night deposit charge was on it. Odd thing was, it was $244/club when the price I was quoted was AAA $255. I have to call down there and find out why the charge was different......hoping all 10 nights will be charged that.

Great info! Thanks everyone :D . Guess I'll be booking a year in advance. How exciting ~ I just love planning for vacations!

Hey Denise - we may end up there at the same time. We're looking at 10 - 12 days somewhere after June 19, 2005.

We're thinking of leaving late on the 22nd and coming home sometime after the 5th. DH's bday is on the 3rd and we're trying to decide where we want to celebrate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter