How far in advance of a UY can a transfer be made?

Artemis Fowl

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
My family wants to get a couple 2 BRs June 2025. How soon can I start looking for points to be transferred to me? If I found a person willing to transfer their April 2025 UY points, could we do that now? If not, how early?

thanks

A member can transfer points that are in the current use year the member is in or the next use year but not beyond that. Someone could transfer their April 2025 points to you as early as April 1, 2024, but not before then.

You should note, however, that you could get such a member to transfer to you April 2024 points now, and you could bank them before making your June 2025 reservation and use them for that reservation.

Last edited:
So I have I question about this too. I am trying to do something similar. I am trying to make a reservation for May 2025. I am looking at 2 transfers ... 1 Dec 24 (done now) for half the points and 1 March 25(done March 24) for the other half. Does that work for making a May 25 reservation and remains one transfer per year?

So I have I question about this too. I am trying to do something similar. I am trying to make a reservation for May 2025. I am looking at 2 transfers ... 1 Dec 24 (done now) for half the points and 1 March 25(done March 24) for the other half. Does that work for making a May 25 reservation and remains one transfer per year?

Yes. The Dec 24 UY points you get count as your 2024 UY transfer and the March 25 UY points count at your 2025 UY transfer.

Yes. The Dec 24 UY points you get count as your 2024 UY transfer and the March 25 UY points count at your 2025 UY transfer.
So my understanding is that I can make or receive only one transfer per calendar year. It doesn't really matter what month my UY is or what month the other person's UY is.

Is that correct?

I have an August UY. I received a transfer from a preson with a February 2024 UY. Our next big trip that I need a transfer for will be in June of 2025. So do I need to find someone with a transfer available from their 2025UY and they must have a Jan-June UY?

Am I correct?

So my understanding is that I can make or receive only one transfer per calendar year. It doesn't really matter what month my UY is or what month the other person's UY is.

Is that correct?

I have an August UY. I received a transfer from a preson with a February 2024 UY. Our next big trip that I need a transfer for will be in June of 2025. So do I need to find someone with a transfer available from their 2025UY and they must have a Jan-June UY?

Am I correct?

You are correct!
You get one transfer in or out of your membership per UY, not calendar year. It is all based on the points you are transferring in or out.

Since you got 2024 UY points, that counted as your 2024 transfer. When you received them doesn't matter. If you want points now to use for a June 2025 trip, you have to get points that are in their 2025 UY and valid for that trip.

So, you would have to get Feb, March, April or June 2025 points into your account. Those can be used for a June 2025 trip, without needing to be borrowed....transferred points can not be borrowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter