How has Super Nintendo World affected USH?

I just want to caution you that from the Metro stop you have to climb a pretty steep hill to get up to gate. If you're able, I would catch an Uber or Lyft from where you are staying.
Thanks, good to know. My youngest is still car seat size which is why I was thinking subway but I’ll look into other options.

Does anyone know where the Garland Trolley drops off? We are planning to take the trolley right at 8 (park opens at 8) since we don't want to stand around for an hour before the park opens... and we aren't planning to rush to the Nintendo area since we won't have the early entry... just wondering how late after park open we will be.

I'd hate to not be able to take advantage of the hotel transportation perk.

Does anyone know where the Garland Trolley drops off? We are planning to take the trolley right at 8 (park opens at 8) since we don't want to stand around for an hour before the park opens... and we aren't planning to rush to the Nintendo area since we won't have the early entry... just wondering how late after park open we will be.

I'd hate to not be able to take advantage of the hotel transportation perk.

So, you won't be standing around for an hour if you go early. They open the gates like 30 minutes early and let you walk all the way into the park, the main shop is already open so you can buy Nintendo bands and get them set up. They let people line up at the escalators and start heading down to the lower lot right before 8.

BECAUSE you don't have early entry, you should definitely be at the park before it opens and head straight down to Nintendo World if that is on your agenda. The lines won't get super long until around 8:30. If you go straight to the Mario Kart ride, the wait time will be only about an hour.

We arrived at 7:15 (no early entry) and we w were walking into the park at 7:42. Grabbed our guest assistance pass and purchased our bands and were standing in line at the escalators at 7:55. We walked into the Nintendo Land at 8:15. Wait time for Kart was 60 minutes. By 8:45, it had blown up to 2 hours, then 3 hours by 9am.

So, you won't be standing around for an hour if you go early. They open the gates like 30 minutes early and let you walk all the way into the park, the main shop is already open so you can buy Nintendo bands and get them set up. They let people line up at the escalators and start heading down to the lower lot right before 8.

BECAUSE you don't have early entry, you should definitely be at the park before it opens and head straight down to Nintendo World if that is on your agenda. The lines won't get super long until around 8:30. If you go straight to the Mario Kart ride, the wait time will be only about an hour.

We arrived at 7:15 (no early entry) and we w were walking into the park at 7:42. Grabbed our guest assistance pass and purchased our bands and were standing in line at the escalators at 7:55. We walked into the Nintendo Land at 8:15. Wait time for Kart was 60 minutes. By 8:45, it had blown up to 2 hours, then 3 hours by 9am.
We are just planning on not riding MarioKart this trip unless we get on it toward the end of the day. I was thinking hitting the Harry Potter stuff first thing and then working down to the lower lot (if that strategy of lower lot being less busy in the morning still holds with all of the Nintendo chaos) and then doing another round of rides with our express pass when things are busier. I'm excited to see the Super Nintendo stuff, be we won't get the power up bands or plan to dine at the restaurant, so we can focus on the rest of the park instead.

So I'm hoping the 8am trolley will still work for us, but I guess we'll see how we feel on those early mornings (this will be at the very end of our trip after 4 days at disney)

That's a great idea to go to HP first. We were chuckling at how that area is probably a ghost town at opening. Don't discount going there in the final hour as well. Minimal waits for both rides.

Are you staying at a hotel? If so, do they have a shuttle?
Yes, staying at a hotel that was chosen for other reasons. I called and confirmed they have no shuttle unfortunately but it is good to know about the hill situation in advance. Thanks!

We are just planning on not riding MarioKart this trip unless we get on it toward the end of the day. I was thinking hitting the Harry Potter stuff first thing and then working down to the lower lot (if that strategy of lower lot being less busy in the morning still holds with all of the Nintendo chaos) and then doing another round of rides with our express pass when things are busier. I'm excited to see the Super Nintendo stuff, be we won't get the power up bands or plan to dine at the restaurant, so we can focus on the rest of the park instead.

So I'm hoping the 8am trolley will still work for us, but I guess we'll see how we feel on those early mornings (this will be at the very end of our trip after 4 days at disney)

The land opening has changed the ride wait time trends.It seems like they all remain pretty steady throughout the day. We rode the HP rides late afternoon and both had 45 minute waits, which is what it had been all day up to that point. Jurassic Park had a 45 min wait at 9:30am. Ditto Mummy. The lower lot is an absolute zoo all the time now. Transformers routinely has waits in excess of 90 minutes.

Take a look at the app every so often and look at wait times throughout the day so yo can get an idea of the trends.

I just want to caution you that from the Metro stop you have to climb a pretty steep hill to get up to gate. If you're able, I would catch an Uber or Lyft from where you are staying.

This is incorrect.

There is a free shuttle that takes you from the bottom of the hill to Universal City Walk/Theme Park entrance.

I take the train to the park and have never had to walk up that hill.

Attachments

• 20230118_111353.jpg
    20230118_111353.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 16
This is incorrect.

There is a free shuttle that takes you from the bottom of the hill to Universal City Walk/Theme Park entrance.

Thanks! I’ll plan to take the subway and then catch the shuttle.

This is incorrect.

Do you know the times the shuttle runs? I found something that says park hours but was wondering if that is also city walk hours.

This is incorrect.

Come to think of it, I do remember seeing one of these go past us as we were climbing the hill after leaving the Hilton. I figured it was from a parking lot. I can't recall the time of day.

Isn't that technically a hotel shuttle? Is it available to anyone?
No, it's definitely just for Universal Studios. The hotel shuttles are enclosed and not open air trams. Ours said Universal City Shuttle. That's why I thought that one in the picture was a parking tram when I saw it pass us by. Like it was for people who couldn't navigate the escalators.

Do you know the times the shuttle runs? I found something that says park hours but was wondering if that is also city walk hours.
Shuttle service starts at 6 or 7am (depending on the theme park opening) and runs every ~15min. The last shuttle is usually 1-2 hours after City Walk closes.

Shuttle service starts at 6 or 7am (depending on the theme park opening) and runs every ~15min. The last shuttle is usually 1-2 hours after City Walk closes.
Awesome! It’s the shuttle in the evening that may need to be utilized so that’s good to know.

I am going in July. I was not originally going to get the Nintendo early access, but now reconsidering it. Can I buy the park tickets from UT and then get the early access ticket from Universal? Or do I need to buy them together? I think I saw that the only place I could buy the early access is Universal? Thanks!

I am going in July. I was not originally going to get the Nintendo early access, but now reconsidering it. Can I buy the park tickets from UT and then get the early access ticket from Universal? Or do I need to buy them together? I think I saw that the only place I could buy the early access is Universal? Thanks!

The early entry ticket is a separate purchase product. You can buy your theme park tickets now and then decide later you want to purchase early entry.

Don't wait too long though. Early entry has been extremely popular and has been selling out weeks in advance.

We bought them together but you can get it separately. But yes, don't wait if you have the option to get early entry now as it will sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter