How I got my Space 220 ADR (it’s not good news)

alon86

PHM - Feb 2022! First runDisney!
Today was my ADR day. We are going for an 8 day trip in February but our on site hotels are split in 2 reservations (split stay with rented DVC points). Both reservations are linked to “my plans” on MDE but not until I logged in at 6 AM this morning did I realize that I could only make ADRs for the first reservation, i.e. the first 4 days of our trip. I had planned and hoped that by having a long trip on site we could get space 220 on day 8 at least.

While I was booking my ADRs for the first four days I called WDW at 7 AM. I actually called at 7:03 AM and was on hold for exactly 3 hours. The representative I spoke to said they could help but guest services needed to call me back within 60–90 minutes. They called in less than an hour and the guest services rep was able to book my ADRs for the second part of our trip over the phone. Which was great.

What was really great is that I started with a request for Space 220 dinner on day 8 of our trip. He asked me what time I would like and I said anytime. Then he said “congratulations. You are the SECOND PERSON I have ever been able to make a Space 220 reservation for. We have 4 PM available.” So I took it (of course).

What this tells me is that if I had booked 8 days at one resort on site and checked Space 220 exactly at 6 AM online I probably would’ve gotten a better time for dinner but seriously, that is how difficult it is to get a reservation. If you are booking ADRs for a four or five day trip it would likely be impossible to see an opening.

I hope this changes in the future but who knows. It’s also worth signing up for the various dining cancellation alerts because I’m sure some people will cancel periodically.

Sorry this is if this is disheartening but I thought it might be helpful to some. (in other news we got every other ADR that we wanted which was great.)

I booked a 4 night/ 5day trip… Space 220 was only available on the 5th day. But it is a holiday weekend.

Yes the 60+length of a longer stay is the best way. We are staying 9 nights in February and our choices after our 4-5 night were wide open for Space 220 and everything else. We got Space 220, Topolinos breakfast, and Artist Point among others.

Today was my ADR day. We are going for an 8 day trip in February but our on site hotels are split in 2 reservations (split stay with rented DVC points). Both reservations are linked to “my plans” on MDE but not until I logged in at 6 AM this morning did I realize that I could only make ADRs for the first reservation, i.e. the first 4 days of our trip. I had planned and hoped that by having a long trip on site we could get space 220 on day 8 at least.

While I was booking my ADRs for the first four days I called WDW at 7 AM. I actually called at 7:03 AM and was on hold for exactly 3 hours. The representative I spoke to said they could help but guest services needed to call me back within 60–90 minutes. They called in less than an hour and the guest services rep was able to book my ADRs for the second part of our trip over the phone. Which was great.

What was really great is that I started with a request for Space 220 dinner on day 8 of our trip. He asked me what time I would like and I said anytime. Then he said “congratulations. You are the SECOND PERSON I have ever been able to make a Space 220 reservation for. We have 4 PM available.” So I took it (of course).

What this tells me is that if I had booked 8 days at one resort on site and checked Space 220 exactly at 6 AM online I probably would’ve gotten a better time for dinner but seriously, that is how difficult it is to get a reservation. If you are booking ADRs for a four or five day trip it would likely be impossible to see an opening.

I hope this changes in the future but who knows. It’s also worth signing up for the various dining cancellation alerts because I’m sure some people will cancel periodically.

Sorry this is if this is disheartening but I thought it might be helpful to some. (in other news we got every other ADR that we wanted which was great.)

I am very happy you were able to get Space 220. And this is in no way directed at you. But this is beyond frustrating. I've read people like yourself having a split stay and were told only a live Cast Member could book for the second half of their trip...that you can't do it over MDE. Ok understood. I even called the day before my 60 day mark which was this past Monday and a Cast Member confirmed that Dining would be able to do it for me.

Fast forward to Monday....called at exactly 7:00am. 3 hour wait time and the Cast Member at Dining told me there's nothing she could do. She told me she would try but the system givers her an error. So after being told BY A CAST MEMBER tthe day before....who also confirmed it with someone else in the office, that it was possible, I wasted a 3 hour wait...I walked away with nothing.

After a 4 hour wait to Chat on the app with a Cast Member today, I was told this…

“As you may know, Disney Resort hotel Guests may pre-plan dining and other experience reservations beginning 60 days in advance of each specific reservation's check-in date.

Sadly, if you will be enjoying multiple back-to-back reservations, it would be necessary to wait until 60 days before each individual check-in date to book dining reservations for that specific stay. “

I vented my frustration…..

“I do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause with your vacation planning. Please know that I will be share your feedback today with our partners so the appropriate leadership will be made aware of the matter.

I really do apologize, Vincent! Unfortunately it should not be possible for anyone to be able to book dining reservations for their travel dates more than 60 days in advance of that specific reservation's check-in date.
I really do apologize, Vincent! Unfortunately it should not be possible for anyone to be able to book dining reservations for their travel dates more than 60 days in advance of that specific reservation's check-in date.

Only Guests with a single, continuous reservation should be able to book dining reservations for their length of stay (up to 10 days max).”

So not sure where people are getting this magic pixie dust from. But I’ve been told by 1 CM it could be done, but had to be done by dining. Then 2 CM after saying it can’t be done.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter