How is dinner @ 1900 Park Fare??

briannesmom

<font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot
We have done the breakfast several times and always enjoyed it. For this trip I think a dinner will fit our plans better. Can anyone tell me what they thought of it and what characters were there?

Thanks

Amy::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo princess:

Haven't been there (yet), but I believe the characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla (the girl mice), and Fairy Godmother in the lobby for pics.

HTH, Steph

We went there last June and loved it. But I have to be honest. My personal food choices centered around the pizza on the kids' buffet and the bread pudding! They had other foods, but sometimes pizza just hits the spot, you know?! It was great, by the way. What was actually the best part of the meal was the character interaction. The characters actually spent time with you! Prince Charming sat down at our table and had a conversation with our DD. Usually, the characters at the dinners autograph your book, blow a kiss, and go on to the next table. We were amazed at how much attention each character gave us. If you go, I hope it's the same for you and yours. We have wonderful Disney memories of our night there.
Lucy's Mom

The characters are fabulous.... However, I'm not terribly impressed with the buffet, and the atmosphere is somewhat dull, IMO.

My girls loved it! We did a 'princess' birthday trip last year and I was able to get all the priness meals (Cinderella's for breakfast, the Cinderalla dinner at the GF, and the Princess breakfast at Epcot).

DH and I enjoyed the strawberry soup (it is a cold sweet soup). We are vegetarians, so I can't tell you much about the buffet. We found plenty to eat, but we also used the kids' buffet for mac and cheese.

If we didn't have little girls, we probably wouldn't have gone, but it was fun for the kids.

DJ

Honestly, this is one of our least favorites. We like it very, very much for breakfast...but dinner seems no where near as good.
One of their big items is prime rib...and it's okay...(but honestly, how do you screw up a prime rib?) I will say the chilled strawberry soup is very, very good. And the bread pudding with vanilla sauce is good, too. But I don't measure a restaurant by its desserts....if I'm paying 26 bucks a head, I want to main courses to be really good.
As for the characters, again, to me, disappointing. We have three kids...including two young girls....and the Cinderella characters are not very exciting. To me, I think character meals should really stick with the basics. I don't think you can get too much of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy!
We've done the dinner buffet twice. The first time, just to try it and we weren't that impressed. The second time we did it was ONLY because it was the only place that really fit into our schedule at the right time and the right place....and although we were really keeping our fingers crossed that it would be better than the first time, it was just as disappointing.
Sorry...I know many, many people LOVE this place and you may, also. I just like to be honest...and when I ask about a restaurant, I love hearing the bad as well as the good!
Have fun either way!!!

We loved it. We went last November and are doing it again on our first night at Disney in two weeks. The character interaction was great from the Fairy Godmother in the lobby to Cinderella, Prince Charming (who really is quite charming) and Suzy &Perla mice. They each came toour table twice and spent a lot of time with us. We never once felt rushed. The mice really loved my 13 month old and would pick her up and play. And the Fairy Godmother was just lovely with the children. She told my DS6 she would have to talk with her friend the tooth fairy about getting his two front teeth in. I thought the food was excellent. The only minor complaint isn't really anyone' fault as it's like this with all character meals but the characters keep coming and talking so your dinner gets interrupted a lot. But who cares? That's why we eat there. For the characters. If you like Cinderella, you'll enjoy this meal.

We ate there last week and thought the food wonderful. I thought that Cinderella was a little on the rude side though!! We had four kids in our party and only 2 adults. It took us a whie to get plates fixed due to bathroom visits, etc. When Cinderella came around for the second visit and I got my camera out for a picture, she commented that I already had taken one picture. I guess we out-stayed our welcome!!

The food was on par with the rest of the WDW dinner buffets when we were there last May. We are returning this year because my niece requested it.

We had dinner there on Thursday (05/06/04) and I was a bit dissapointed with the food - although the prime rib was good (not great). I truly enjoyed the strawberry soup - this is what I filled up on!! We made this reservation for the characters as DD 4 LOVES Cinderella.

I would highly recommend this dinner buffet if you want to see Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother and Perla and Suzy - but if you are looking for better quality food I would recommend Chef Mickey's instead.

The breakfast buffet is the best though!!

Hope this helps.

Lisa

We just returned on Sun and had dinner at 1900 at Sat night as our last dinner in the world. We loved it. The Characters were sweet - the mice were fun, Prince Charming was ... well... charming, and Cinderella was very lady like. DH and I thought the food was great. We loved the strawberry soup and the prime rib, as well as, the chicken and the bakery breads. We had the small sampling dessert and the brownies and lemon tarts were great. The children's buffet selections were awesome, our niece ate better at 1900 then any other dinner we had all week.

princess: Shelly

We love this dinner and return to it every trip. We think it is one of the best dinners at WDW and we think the food much better than Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter