?how Is Nascar Restaurant?

jaret

Mouseketeer
My 5yr old son loves nascar racing(plus his Dad)Is this a suitable restaurant for a child?Anyone been there with some advice?What is the childrens menu like(my son has allergies to milk and eggs and has never had peanuts)Anything would help so we can make our decision now and not when he sees the restaurant.

We ate at NASCAR the week they opened, and we loved it...though the food was good and reasonably priced. And the atmosphere was fun. It is on our list of restaurants to eat at when we go back in March. I remember that we liked it, but I don't remember exactly what we had...I think that DH had chicken fried stead and mashed potatoes. I remember the DS had a delicous chocolate shake in an old fashioned soda fountain glass.

I think you'll enjoy it.

I love the NASCAR Cafe. It is a nice atmosphere and it has the best chicken I've ever had. It is cooked like rotissere chicken but has a great BBQ sauce on it. The flavor is just incredible. Now the Race Rock down on I-Drive has a much better atmosphere for all race fans, but it just can't compare in the food column. I highly recommend it, especially if you love chicken.

The food at the NASCAR Cafe was good. My DH had a HUGE helping of ribs, my DD, 8, had a corn dog, and I had BBQ shrimp. We were happy with the food. It wasnt Mythos, but it was good all the same.

Patty

Thank-you I know we all like chicken so I will definately let my son in on the fact that this restaurant is there and give it a try:pinkbounc :jester: :pinkbounc thank-you

I would definitely put it on your to do list. We have (and the kids) loved Nascar cafe both times we've visited.

My daughter has several allergies including peanuts. When we were at USF last Feb. We tried to dine at Nascar. They fry in peanut oil. So we did not eat there. They at least seemed familiar with allergies. You could avoid fried foods if he doesnt seem to be airborne anaphylactic. I think you would know that by now. It is definitely a kid friendly restaurant though. Maybe you could try a burger with no bun. I am not sure how severe the egg/milk allergy is. Those are probably one of the few things she is not allergic to. I always ask to talk to a chef before I order. Some food items are surprisingly prone to have peanuts in them. On an interesting side note my son who doesn't or didn't have any allergies had a major reaction after eating at Mama Dellas last year. Body covered with hives. Still don't know what caused it but luckily I was prepared with Benadry (and epipen if I needed it) because of my daughter. He was pretty scared because it all seemed to happen fast. We do know it was something in the brownie he had for desert. Allergies are scary so just always stay prepared.
Patti

We ate there in November and my kids loved it. I had the best rack of ribs. DH enjoyed his burger. My kids had corn dogs and chicken fingers. Be prepared to spend some time in the game room you can't get through the place without seeing the video games and if your kids are like mine you will be playing a few video games that night. I recommend skipping the Nascar simulator - or whatever it is called it costs about $4 for a ride. My husband did it and said it was not worth it not to mention it was about 110 degrees inside.

We thought the food was above average for this type of fare, but the atmosphere was a little bit lacking - can't quite put my finger on what it was, although we were there for opening one lunchtime and it wasn't very busy so maybe that was it. As rocketman says, Race Rock is far more happening.

Do they still have Earnhardt's and Gordon's cars hanging from the ceiling that 'race' each hour?

Don't know personally about Orlando, but the Nascar Cafe in Myrtle Beach was outstanding!!! We had eaten at All Star Cafe earlier in the week for my nephew's B-day and it was a big disappointment. Food was overpriced and not very good, (kids meal $5.99, steak salad $10.99) and for the birthday boy they brought out a brownie with syrup and a candle and walked away. At Nascar, they had the kids stand up, they announce their name, age, where they're from and their favorite driver and the whole restaurant cheers! The food was very good and fairly priced. We ordered an appetizer and we didn't think it took long, but apparently they did because the manager came, apologized & took it off the bill. :D
We definitely plan to try the Orlando Nascar Cafe!

Please could someone tell me what a corn dog is. I often see them on the menu.

corndog is a hotdog sometimes on a stick deepfried with a cornmeal breading, very tasty with mustard:bounce:
My kids really like them.

Hope this helps.

Never eaten in the restaurant but the chicken wings they serve at the bar and the outside tables are the best I've ever eaten. It's now a tradition for beer and wings on the way out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter