How is Tony's at MK?

If you stay away from anything with the marinara sauce it is okay. We were pleasantly surprised in March that the steaks were as good as any other non signature that we have had. It had been many years (like 10 I think) since we had tried it and just booked it for the convenience of the parade package with the idea that we would eat after the parade if is was really horrendous. That turned out not to be the case. I am not going to say it was great but it was not nearly as bad as we were prepared for going in. We had the zucchini and calamari for apps, the steaks and then took cannoli with us to have while watching the parade. It was a decent meal. I think if you stay away from anything with sauce-which is much of the menu and arguably ridiculous and something that could easily be remedied- you will be fine. It was worth it for us to avoid having to fight for a space to watch the parade-the food was a "bonus".

We enjoy lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Nothing fancy but definitely edible and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is delicious.

If you don't mind leaving the park there are better options at the MK resorts.

If your Grandma has a secret sauce, then maybe don't go. I agree with PP. I had the NY Strip and it was good. It is a quiet place to eat and service was great.

Liberty Tree Tavern! I' shocked no one else has mentioned it. When I go to Disney I like to EAT and I like to eat well, and LTT was one of my most favorite meals. The carved turkey was outstanding, and while I really don't care for any pot roast I've ever had, I tried it there and then didn't eat anything else the entire meal. It was AMAZING. The sides were all FANTASTIC, real mashed potatoes and the ooey gooey toffe cake was OMG! My 2nd favorite dessert in all of Disney. Go there! It's charming and delicious!

I wholeheartedly agree with the PP! Liberty Tree Tavern is great, whether you do the family-style dinner or a la carte lunch. And speaking of the sides, the herbed stuffing is what delicious, bread-y dreams are made of. :)

If you're a little more adventurous, Skipper Canteen is fun and rarely crowded.

Have fun! (And don't eat at at Tony's!)

Maybe I live in a different universe than everyone else here, but we did not care for Liberty Tree at all. The salad was wilted, and the food was frozen TV dinner quality.

However, we had two enjoyable meals at Tony's. We rate it with Olive Garden in terms of food, and the service was outstanding both times.

We have the Festival of Fantasy package booked for Aug, which gives you an appetizer with your DDP credit.

Add me to the list of people who are suggesting Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a must-do on every trip for us! I haven't been to Tony's, but I've heard terrible things. If you really don't want LTT, I would suggest a table service restaurant at one of the Magic Kingdom area resorts. I would try The Wave at the Contemporary or perhaps Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. I know you said no buffets, but I've also heard good things about Trail's End at Fort Wilderness.

DD and I got prime patio seating for the parade. She remembers it as one of her favorite meals ever. I remember it as bad cafeteria food.

Oh i agree with Liberty Tree. Its an awesome place for lunch!!! The food is really good. I love the pot roast and the ooey gooey toffee cake. Very solid choice here. I highly recommend it. :goodvibes

I'm coming back to plug Skipper Canteen a 2nd time :)

I've been to LTT too, and it's pretty good. Skipper was better.

I have appreciated this post. We were thinking Tony's so we could do the parade viewing. I think that we will still do that, even with all the negative comments. We will keep expectations low.

Tony's isn't awful as long as you don't order anything with marinara.

Other TS options include Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen, Crystal Palace and Plaza. Out of those, I'd choose Skipper Canteen. We really enjoyed our lunch there.

Last edited:
I have appreciated this post. We were thinking Tony's so we could do the parade viewing. I think that we will still do that, even with all the negative comments. We will keep expectations low.

We had an excellent view of the parade last November by standing at the bottom of the train station steps. I don't remember getting there more than 15-20 minutes prior to parade start. But they do keep a corridor open on both sides so people can exit the parade hub in the middle.

In many years of trips to WDW, we had never tried Tony's, due to the negative reviews. Trip May 2016 with DD#2 we decided to give it a shot. I mean, how bad could it really be? And now we know. It was truly awful. Both the food AND the service were so poor we almost couldn't believe we were at the Magic Kingdom. :( Instead, I would recommend Skippers Canteen for more "adventurous" eating options, Liberty Tree Tavern for more "hearty meat-n-potatoes" options, or the Plaza for "classic American favorites".

We went to Tony's this past December as a walk in for lunch as soon as they opened and loved it. Full disclosure I love Lady and the Tramp. We were tired and needed to sit down and shared two pizzas (DH, me, DS2 , DD6mo and my mom). We weren't rushed and didn't have any issues with service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter