• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does 1900 Park Fare take?

Tessaf

Mouseketeer
We currently have a dining reservation for 1900 Park Fare at 6:30pm and we were thinking about changing our Pirate and Pal firework voyage reservation to that day. Check-in for Pirate and Pal is 7:45pm and we would just take a taxi over from the Grand Floridian to the Contemporary.

My question is this, is 1 hour enough time to eat and meet the characters?

That’s cutting it a bit too close in my opinion. I would plan for at least and hour and a half from start to finish so you won’t feel like you’re rushing. We did 1900 for dinner a few months ago and from check in to leaving it was a little over an hour and I feel like we lucked out with the characters coming over pretty soon after being seated which isn’t always the case. I would just be too anxious about being late for my next reservation that I’d have a hard time enjoying the experience, but that’s just me. 1900 Park fare dinner is really fun!

I would say that you wouldn't make the check in time. You would be lucky to sit down at your table by 6:45. If you have 4+ in your group, it can take awhile to get a table. You would need to tell your waiter you are in a time crunch.

There's NO way... and why would you want to? The characters at 1900 are the best on property (JMHO) and the buffet is very good. For the price, I would want to enjoy that. With the travel time necessary to get from the GF to the Contemporary....there's just no comfortable way that this works. Can you move your 1900 ressie earlier? It's a great character meal, for sure! But the Pirates & Pals is very good too. I just can't imagine rushing from one to the other. No matter...have a great trip!

There's NO way... and why would you want to? The characters at 1900 are the best on property (JMHO) and the buffet is very good. For the price, I would want to enjoy that. With the travel time necessary to get from the GF to the Contemporary....there's just no comfortable way that this works. Can you move your 1900 ressie earlier? It's a great character meal, for sure! But the Pirates & Pals is very good too. I just can't imagine rushing from one to the other. No matter...have a great trip!

I tried to move my reservation to an earlier time, but there wasn’t anything available :(
I was concerned about feeling rushed, which is not something we want to do. I have our pirate and pal booked for the first night we are in (without other reservations to make us rushed) and I will keep it that night. Thank you all for the input!

So the eating part at 1900PF can be done in 15-25 minutes. The problem is its a character meal and they often don't arrive till 40+ minutes into your visit. So many times we have finished eating and had to wait a hour more and left without even seeing them all which sucks as you kind of pay for the characters more than anything else! Good news is closer to the time, lost of last minute reservations pop up so a few days before you reservation start checking. You may snag an earlier slot!

Last edited:
So the eating part at 1900PF can be done in 15-25 minutes. The problem is its a character meal and they often don't arrive till+ minutes into your visit. So many times we have finished eating and had to wait a hour more and left without even seeing them all which sucks as you kind of pay for the characters more than anything else! Good news is closer to the time, lost of last minute reservations pop up so a few days before you reservation start checking. You may snag an earlier slot!

That’s a great idea! I will try to remember to check leading up to our reservation date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter