How long does it take for Fidelity to reach out after initial offer?

SalmonFam

Earning My Ears
Hi! We made an offer on a resale contract with Fidelity last week and we haven't heard a thing other than the initial generic email letting us know they received it. Is there a time limit on how long they have before they reach out? I understand it was a holiday weekend, but I made the offer in the middle of the week (maybe their offices were closed the week of Christmas??), but I'm curious if anyone else has had a slow response time for the initial offer?

Also, I did a deep dive on here on Fidelity ghosting people after offers are accepted and am now a little nervous about using them. Feel free to share any success stories or tips for success with them!

I've bought many contracts through them, the more recent fall 2022. Service totally depends on who your agent is. Give them a call tomorrow though some agents have responded to me on weekends.

Make sure you read every word on the contract and ensure all is correct. I've had typos from them and in fairness, other resale agencies. State in writing up front exactly what you are offering regarding seller paying MF's, penalty for seller not following through (provide dates), paying by credit card (amount) and anything else. YOU choose the closing agency and put that in your offer as well.

If it is a good deal go for it. I have won many contracts by being the first offer and offering a few dollars above listing price

Good luck!

Last edited:

No. I emailed once or twice and got no response other than the automated response when I put in the offer. I purchased through the board sponsor that time.
Thanks! This is helpful! We have direct points and it's our first time trying to buy resale and I thought it was really odd that the listing agent hasn't made any sort of contact.

I've bought many contracts through them, the more recent fall 2022. Service totally depends on who your agent is. Give them a call tomorrow though some agents have responded to me on weekends.

Make sure you read every word on the contract and ensure all is correct. I've had typos from them and in fairness, other resale agencies. State in writing up front exactly what you are offering regarding selling paying MF's, penalty for seller not following through (provide dates), paying by credit card (amount) and anything else. YOU choose the closing agency and put that in your offer as well.

If it is a good deal go for it. I have won many contracts by being the first offer and offering a few dollars above listing price

Good luck!
Thanks so much for the tips!! This is all really helpful!!

I’ve just closed on a Poly purchase with them and it was a quick and easy process and they were fairly responsive to my emails, offers and counter-offers, usually within an hour or so.

That being said my one good experience doesn’t negate all the negative ones so I’d just use them with caution and be sure to double check the contract and such. If I found a good deal or the right contract with them I’d probably use them again but definitely with a lot of caution.

I’ve just closed on a Poly purchase with them and it was a quick and easy process and they were fairly responsive to my emails, offers and counter-offers, usually within an hour or so.

That being said my one good experience doesn’t negate all the negative ones so I’d just use them with caution and be sure to double check the contract and such. If I found a good deal or the right contract with them I’d probably use them again but definitely with a lot of caution.
Good to hear!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

I've made offers I never heard back from there. I've also made deals with them to completion. Shawn Ray is who you want as listing agent she gets quick responses and really brings a quick negotiation between buyer and seller.

There were other listing agents that I had to reach out to or was told days later the offer was too low, then closed case.

I've made offers I never heard back from there. I've also made deals with them to completion. Shawn Ray is who you want as listing agent she gets quick responses and really brings a quick negotiation between buyer and seller.

There were other listing agents that I had to reach out to or was told days later the offer was too low, then closed case.
Good to know!! It's helpful to know we aren't the only ones who haven't heard back. The listing agent isn't Shawn Ray - so maybe that's what's going on. Thanks for sharing!

Working with them now. I made 3 offers with them and always heard back though. Offer 1, 24 offers later and a generic no email. Offer 2, 24 hours later with an email explaining the process since it was an international seller and we couldn’t reach an agreement , offer 3, I got a phone call a few hours later and he was by far the best one and we got a deal same day within a few hours.

They were close 25th and 26th and are closed 1st and 2nd, and the seller could also be not available or waiting a few days for offers before picking. I’d call on Wednesday.

Working with them now. I made 3 offers with them and always heard back though. Offer 1, 24 offers later and a generic no email. Offer 2, 24 hours later with an email explaining the process since it was an international seller and we couldn’t reach an agreement , offer 3, I got a phone call a few hours later and he was by far the best one and we got a deal same day within a few hours.

They were close 25th and 26th and are closed 1st and 2nd, and the seller could also be not available or waiting a few days for offers before picking. I’d call on Wednesday.
Awesome - thank you!

It is a major holiday week, and lots of people take the week off. I would not necessarily generalize from this past week to "what they normally do."
Right, we have a whole host of threads on what they “normally” do!

Unsolicited advice to OP: triple check contract language, take screenshots of the original listing, and keep receipts for everything! Should really do that with every resale transaction but especially with this broker.

Purchased two contracts via fidelity without problems. I don’t expect business to be back to normal until the 8th, lots of people out this week as well. We put in an offer last week before Xmas, no word from seller (we did get a response from the agent though), but considering the time of year, not really concerned right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter