How Long Does it Take?

fbarker

DIS Veteran
I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks

An hour until out the door. That includes all of us through the shower. I don't bother with makeup when I'm just going to sweat it off but I still do my hair.

Under normal conditions (not covid times) when we usually Rope Drop every park, it probably takes us about one hour max. I don't eat breakfast, so I get up, shower and I'm ready to go in less than 30 mins. But when we're all going, it's still only an hour. One thing we always do is eat breakfast in the room (unless it's one of the one or two days we've booked a breakfast somewhere). But that aside, my family members will eat bagels or cereal or something in the room. I'll have a quick coffee :) and then we're out the door in just under an hour. That's our typical routine.

About 60-90 minutes. I'm not one of those that can just wake up and go. I like to do my routine. Get up, check the weather and news on my phone, scroll IG for a minute, shower, get dressed, hair, makeup and drink a lot of water as I do all of this. I might eat in the room or grab something as I go. Everyone starts staggering up as I’m getting ready. Next trip my daughter will probably be the first one up since she’s into makeup and hair now. She may take a full 90 minutes.

Family of four. We usually take about an hour from the time we wake up until the time we are at the bus stop. We try to get to the bus stop about an hour before park opening.
We stop in the resort store/QS to get coffee and pastries to eat while waiting for the bus.

Probably 60 minutes for my boyfriend and I (we shower at night). I usually wake up much earlier and sit on the balcony for a bit before I start getting ready. Then hair and minimal makeup, get dressed, pack my park bag, and head to the club level lounge for a quick breakfast (and a mimosa :poop:) then down to the bus/boat/monorail!

I set the alarm for 30 minutes before I want to be out at the bus stop.
I always rope drop, so showering the night before and no breakfast helps get me out the door on time.

About 2 1/2 hours. For myself, about an hour. Often times I’m by the door to our room while holding it open for a while until I give up and either leave or go back to laying on the bed until the rest of my family actually goes out.

Depends on my mood and how bad my old body is hurting. Most mornings I'm up around 6 (even on vacation) and most parks don't open until at least 8 so I get up, make a cup of coffee and enjoy it. I usually shower the night before so after my coffee it's just brush my teeth, clean my face, put on whatever lotions need to go on, put on clothes and off I go. I guess from starting after I've had my coffee, no longer than 15 min. I usually eat breakfast in the parks but if I'm up and ready and it's still early, I'll get breakfast before I go. I'm not a rope drop person so I'm never in a hurry to get to the parks.

Lol seems like forever when the kids are with us. Showers, coffee, breakfast, sunscreen, and packing up the park bags. Maybe 90 minutes to 3 hrs? I wake up around 7ish but no one else does. We never try to rope drop with HS/college kids.

Prior to COVID about an hour and a half to 2 hours because all 3 of us adults need to shower and then there are food allergies so either have breakfast in a food court which can take time to have items made in the back even when we go when it first opens or eat at a TS either at our hotel or at a different one usually snag the earliest ADR time we can and then travel time to a park. Sometimes we have a breakfast ADR at a restaurant in MK or AK so is a little different schedule time wise.

Depends! It really only takes me 10 to 20 to get actually dressed and prepped. Takes everyone else 40 minutes, it feels like. Hair takes me a minute, I don't do makeup, sunscreen only takes a quick spray. Food can add more but if we have breakfast rezzies in the parks then that urges me to go quicker.

When t's just my husband and I we can be up, ready, breakfast eaten (muffin/bagel) and out the door in an hour. Add my adult DD to the mix and it's probably about 1:15.

I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks

When my 19yo son and I go for our "extended weekend" trips we wake up and are out the door in 15 min. If it's a Hollywood Studios day, we both wake up at 6:55am, get (or not get) our Rise boarding group, then back to sleep for an hour before waking up and heading to park.

When my wife and daughter are there, I believe they wake up at 2am, and are ready to leave by 10. Unscientific, of course. Just an estimate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter