How long of wait for Flight of Passage WITH a FP?

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
I'm working on our Christmas week touring plans right now, and touring plans is telling me it's going to be a 51 minute wait for FOP WITH a fastpass at about 5pm on 12/29. Is that accurate? We generally have a 30 minute rule for waits. I've never had a fastpass wait go longer than about 20 minutes. Is Touring Plans just wrong?

I don't think that is just the wait...that would include the wait/line, pre-ride show, and ride. It might be a bit of a high estimate but I would figure at least 30-40 minutes.

I don't think that is just the wait...that would include the wait/line, pre-ride show, and ride. It might be a bit of a high estimate but I would figure at least 30-40 minutes.
It says the wait is 51 minutes and the ride is 6 minutes. How long is the pre-show?

We waited about 15 minutes to start the ride experience with a FP. The preshow was at least 10 minutes or maybe longer, because there was a family not following the rules so it had to recalibrate repeatedly, unless that was scripted. Felt too long. If I could I would skip it should I ever ride again.

ETA: you're going during the parks busiest time and I was there when the park was at a 3 maybe. So I would guess you'll have a longer wait than we did. Smaller parties seemed to board faster too.

We waited about 15 minutes to start the ride experience with a FP. The preshow was at least 10 minutes or maybe longer, because there was a family not following the rules so it had to recalibrate repeatedly, unless that was scripted. Felt too long. If I could I would skip it should I ever ride again.

ETA: you're going during the parks busiest time and I was there when the park was at a 3 maybe. So I would guess you'll have a longer wait than we did. Smaller parties seemed to board faster too.

When the ride gets delayed you will get the additional time/scene in the one pre-show. It isn't actually affected by what people do or don't do within the room (I don't normally move around and often stand to the side if there is someone younger behind me so that they can see).

There are 2 preshow rooms/videos to go through. I'm not certain as to the length of each but from personal experience and others posted on here, 30-45 minutes seems to be a norm for total time from scanning FP to getting off the ride (unless there's a mechanical delay).

It was a little less than 30 minutes start to finish when I rode with FP a few weeks ago.

I have found, in my own experience, that TP is pretty accurate with times, give or take 5-10 minutes. I would absolutely plan on 45 minutes from getting in line to exit. As others have said, it's the most crowded week of the year.
That would not dissuade me though. It's an awesome experience, that you should at least try once. The parks are going to be packed, but there longer hours to accommodate the crowds.

It’s taken me as much as 35 minutes from entering to exiting and that was during lower crowd periods. During an incredibly busy time I could see at least an hour before you exit.
Still sooooo worth it!

We rode FOP with a Fast Pass today (Thanksgiving Day). The standby wait was 175 minutes. It was under 30 minutes from the time we entered the queue to when we got off the ride. We basically walked until we reached the preshow area. There was very little standing in one place.

I've ridden with a FP and ended up waiting in line for about 20 - 25 mins. However, on Nov 19th, I rode with a FP and was on within 5 minutes. By "on", I mean to the pre-show. Where, apparently, I was full of parasites!! Eeeeuuuuwww!

How long is the pre-show?

It varies, they actually add and subtract parts of the pre-show video so all the rooms exit at the same time. We've seen 3 different "versions" you'll see more or less based on how quick they get your door shut. We didn't know this was a thing til we were like 'wait, that wasn't in the last pre-show'

It really depends on how many people get in the FPs line at a given time. Sometimes the wait is 10 minutes, sometimes it is 30 minutes, sometimes it's more.

I'm working on our Christmas week touring plans right now, and touring plans is telling me it's going to be a 51 minute wait for FOP WITH a fastpass at about 5pm on 12/29. Is that accurate? We generally have a 30 minute rule for waits. I've never had a fastpass wait go longer than about 20 minutes. Is Touring Plans just wrong?
We waited almost an hour when we went during a quiet week in mid Novenber last year. Some of the ride was down and they were only letting people on from the FP line. We missed our bus to the airport, but it was worth it.

I think it was 15-20 minutes for us before the pre-show, and that was on Christmas Eve

We had a FP for it at 2 pm this past Monday the 19th. The standby line was 3 hours. The FP line was long and we were concerned about an hour or more wait which we were prepared for but we got on very quickly. Maybe a half hour total from when we joined the FP line to when we got off.

We have had a wide range for wait times. From entering the FP line until going into the first pre-ride room we have waited anywhere between about 15 minutes to 45 minutes (not sure exactly what happened with the 45 minute wait, haven't had a wait that long since).

We waited a good 45 minutes in the FP+ queue when we rode last summer. One section ahead of us did not work, and those people had to be unloaded, moved to a new pod, and the loading resumed for the rest. Also, there were two HC-accessible groups that showed up and they can only be put in certain pods, so there was some maneuvering around that as well.

Since it was our first time riding, we were excited and the wait seemed to go by pretty quickly. It was also a CM's last shift of his CP, and he was so excited to go home and we talked for quite a bit.

Each time we have been on it withe a Fp, we have waited about 5-20 minutes to get into the first pre-show room. The rest is about 30 minutes, so a total of 50 minutes is not out of line.
As busy as the park will be, and later in the day, i would expect a longer wait in the FP line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter