How loud is Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

orangecuse

DIS Veteran
Just curious- my son (who will be about 1.5 on the trip) gets scared by super loud noises (screaming like when the audience was instructed to shout at a dolphin show we were at or prolonged dog barking). A one off noise is fine (like if the dog barks once or twice) but is this show super loud? I’ve been but I can’t remember.

It's only really loud at a couple points doing the show. There's a few explosions and gun shots. But overall I'd say the show isnt that loud at all. And you can sit further to the top if you want to be more away from the action

Good to know! Thanks y’all!

I will assume Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are explosion free unless they’ve really gone off script.

Opinions on sound level for the Star Wars stage show?

Indiana Jones is definitely loud. I would also check out The Little Mermaid show on youtube, if nothing else, just skip toward the end to see the giant Ursula. She really terrified my daughter when she was around the same age as your son.

My son hated loud noises when he was young as well - my recommendation is to purchase some safety earmuffs, the padded kind that go over the ears, noise cancelling ones. I've seen many kids with them in the park esp during firework shows. They work better than earplugs for young kids. Just have him put them on when you watch the shows, he can hear but it muffles the loudness. They are around $13 bucks or so.

Chiming in on noise cancelling earmuffs; I don't have any kids but I've seen bunches of kids wearing them in the parks during fireworks shows. I've always assumed it was because kids' hearing is more sensitive than adults' and the loud sounds were physically painful for those kiddos, but maybe they'd work for loud sounds being just plain scary, too. Also seconding sitting toward the back; being further away from the action helped me when I was a kid and was afraid of everything (much older than your son on the trips I'm thinking of, but still), plus it makes it easier to duck out during the show if it just gets to be too much. It's an open-air theater, and you enter from the back and walk down as close to the stage as you want to sit. It's very easy to get up and step out if you're in the back rows.

My 4 year old son hated the loud noises the first day of our trip. We brought headphones along the rest of our trip and played music on the phone anytime we were at a show that was loud. Worked great.

YES to headphones, you would be surprised how many places at Disney have sudden noises, even in the shows.

Even some of the restaurants or lines can get loud then add a sudden laugh or scream ... :scared1:

DS has sensory issues and we carry them in the bag, pop them on at shows and other potentially loud places. So wish they made these for children when he was little. You see them on kiddles everywhere. Best investment. Doesn't have to wear all the time but I would for shows and crowded spots.

gettyimages-914348072.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter