• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many cancellations due to Covid?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm just curious as to how many people cancelled how many trips in 2020 due to Covid We cancelled 2 trips this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if people cancelled more However, it was pretty shocking to have to cancel, since in 18 years of membership, we've never cancelled before Just once, we rescheduled a trip for about 6 weeks later So any other cancellers more than twice?

We cancelled twice in 2020. Have not ever cancelled prior to 2020 and we've owned since 1999.

We cancelled twice in May. One for the beginning of May and the second a rebook towards the end of May. So we booked different stuff in Oct 2020, Nov 2020, Jan 2021 and May 2021 that used a few more points. I think we had one point left to bank into 2021 UY. We're Florida residents and our AP doesn't let us go summers.

We cancelled twice. May at Poly and October at OKW. We go back to 1996...I don't remember cancelling a WDW trip. :(

We were in WDW IN January / February and enjoyed time at Vero and WDW for Festival of the Arts.

We cancelled trips in March, May, July, September, November and two trips in December. We were to be there for NYE. :guilty:

We have FL friends who did a night in September and they had a great time, we didn’t feel safe, and I just couldn’t cancel their night if they were willing to go.

I've cancelled 3 trips...2 in 2020 and 1 in 2021. Good chance I'll also end up cancelling a Feb trip that we have booked (hoping that one is still a go). I wish the border would open up!

We had a trip in April and another one in October cancelled.Never cancelled sine 2007. We rescheduled in Oct.2021 and another in Dec2021.The Dec 2021 trip will be with our almost 3 yr old grand daughter.I'm super excited about that one:).

We cancelled four trips, one of which was a huge grand villa splurge with my best friend and her family. Had hoped to reschedule that trip to May 2021 but that won’t happen. If that trip does happen, it will be 2022. I’m thinking we will never get the stars to align again though.

We postponed our 2020 trip to end of January 2021. I'm not thrilled with going, but we'll lose points if we don't since we banked them from 2019.

We start self quarantining tomorrow (my kids and myself), husband will just be going back and forth to work.

We cancelled May and booked June and then cancelled June at WDW to book at HHI instead thinking it would open sooner. When no word on opening there, we cancelled and booked that week in a cash rental on HHI. The DVC resort ended up opening the day we were leaving. Then we used all those piling up points to go right after Thanksgiving. ANd this Jan we had marathon booked and when that got cancelled we got entries refunded and cancelled our room. SO we had figured on going 2 times with the points we had and ended up going once. Though we did just book end of this month at SSR (no park tickets) to go down and look at houses. So technically we will get in the 2 trips using points...just not what/how we expected. Did 2 cash rentals on HHI too which we would have used points for but after 1st DVC stay at HHI got cancelled and we rented a non DVC place, we realized how easy and cheap that was so we sold our HHI DVC points.

Had to cancel 2 cruises though. Have 3rd one booked for Feb 2022. Hoping to be on that one.

We cancelled our trip for August 2020. We now have 2 trips booked for May 2021 and June 2021.

2 Trips for us. We had a spring break trip cancelled right at the beginning of the pandemic in March. It was naive of us to think our October trip to Aulani would not be cancelled but it was. That one stung a bit! It was a milestone birthday for my wife and were looking forward to spending it relaxing on a tropical beach!

I postponed my Nov 20 trip to Jan 21 to Feb 21. The February trip is looking good. At least my wife will be fully vaccinated by then (first shot today!).

We were at Disneyland at the Grand Cal when lockdowns began in March! So we came home early and didn't have any trips rest of 2020.
I had a 5 day trip March 2021 planned at AKL but I just cancelled it...no way we can go and then have to quarantine for 2 weeks, can't take that kind of time off for either ourselves or our daughter in grade 12.

We've cancelled 3, May, August and early December. Have rebooked to January 2021 and April 2021. Sure hope it happens, it's a lot of work changing hotels, airfare, doggy care! Especially since the August to April trip was for a group of 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter