How many DVC'ers own DVC logo items???

edk35

DIS Veteran
I bought a magnet for my van at the SSR store two weeks when we were there. I also bought the soft cooler type bag and the key chain. :goodvibes Just curious if anyone else wears it proud or is more discreet about their DVC PRIDE. LOL

Does the tote bag my guide sent me count?;)

Wish they'd offer a better selection to choose from.

I have magnet from each "home", off ebay I purchased trading pins, car sticker (DVC) and luggage tags.:thumbsup2

Does the tote bag my guide sent me count?;)

Wish they'd offer a better selection to choose from.

I have magnet from each "home", off ebay I purchased trading pins, car sticker (DVC) and luggage tags.:thumbsup2

Oh I got three of those tote bags.....our guide gave us there in Jan. LOL I did give my friend who is a DVC member one of them this summer. I forgot about the totes. :thumbsup2

We think a great deal of the stuff DVC gives you is not very practical -- like that strange back pack or tote thing we got some time ago and another yellow bag we one on a cruise.

And we wish there were more DVC clothing to purchase. We have hats (one of the few freebies that are worthwhile) and bought windbreakers and a couple of shirts. Almost forgot, we do have DVC front license plates on both cars.

DH and I have often wondered why there isn't a place on the member website to order DVC merchandise. He bought a DVC polo shirt at SSR in July and I have 3 tote bags. On our trip during spring break, I'll pick up a few more things at the resort.

We think a great deal of the stuff DVC gives you is not very practical -- like that strange back pack or tote thing we got some time ago and another yellow bag we one on a cruise.

And we wish there were more DVC clothing to purchase. We have hats (one of the few freebies that are worthwhile) and bought windbreakers and a couple of shirts. Almost forgot, we do have DVC front license plates on both cars.

Oh where did you get the license plates? I would love those.

The only DVC things I have purchased are the pins from each of the DVC resorts.

Other than that, I have the backpack/tote, couple of hats they gave us at the Member Wednesday thing, the SSR lithograph, and then the 15th aniversary gliclee print...

I have the SSR print framed and hanging, still debating how to frame up the gliclee... but I don't wear the hats, I haven't used the backpack in awhile, and I need to figure out how I want to display the pins...

My DH received a brilliant, red DVC hat on the Panama Canal cruise in '05. He enjoys wearing it and seems to enjoy the attention/questions it brings. We also have the denim tote from purchase and a couple of "DVC Member" lanyards.

My favorite "nearly DVC" item is the Disney's Boardwalk soapdish shaped like a footed bathtub. It doesn't have the DVC logo ... but is from the Boardwalk resort. I kept handling it the first year I spotted it ... but wouldn't buy it for lack of space in our small-but-well-located condo. We agreed, "We'll buy it ... when we buy a house." It is now proudly located in the guestbath of our weekend home.

We have some of the magnets and pins, but I lucked out on a DVC shirt. We were at OKW and I noticed some shirts marked half price (I think regular price was around $49, marked down to $25). Found one my size so I bought it. After they checked me out, one of the workers went to the rack and removed all the shirts. Next day they were back to regular price. Evidently I had good timing and found a mistake that they hadn't! Now I keep my eye out for the price tags to see if I can find another mistake!

2 license plates which DW and I proudly display on our vehicles. Also have several hats and one shirt. Sure wish they had more DVC collectibles for sale.

My Wife has a sweatshirt, and a magnet for her van. I haven't really seen anything I'd like yet.

I have:

- a DVC car magnet on each vehicle
- a DVC magnet on the fridge, on my desk and on my secretary's desk (she's a member too!!)
- a DVC t-shirt
- a DVC polo shirt
- a DVC hat
- a DVC hooded sweatshirt (for the wife)
- 5 DVC backpacks (from the Member meeting)
- 5 DVC AKV hats (from the Summer on the Savanna party)

I wear the DVC baseball hat while I coach football and I get a lot of comments from the parents.

Dh-
2 T-Shirts
2 hats

....and our tote which we use all the time!

My DH has a few DVC specific polos and a jacket. He has several hats from the DVC resorts we've stayed at. I bought a tote at VB on our very first trip on points, but received nothing free when we joined in 2001 other than a VWL print. Someday, I'll start spending money on me - but probably not until the kids are grown!!!!!

...I need to figure out how I want to display the pins...

This is what I did for my pins. Went to JoAnn's during a frame sale (50% off) and bought black enameled wood frames, 10 x 20 designed for three 5 x 7 photos. Also bought light gray foam core board (one board can be cut with a straight edge and sharp knife to fit into three frames. Remove the glass and matting from the frames. Insert the foam core. Layout your pins and then stick them in. You will not need the pin backs (which I have kept in a plastic bag). The only excess are glass plates and matting.

The light gray foam core provides a very nice background for the pins. The framing manager said that colored backgrounds would compete with the pins and I want the pins to be the focal point.

Which reminds me that we also have the glecee -- had JoAnn's frame it for us with a coupon -- and a number of water colors or the resorts framed. And last those great post cards of the resorts DVC sent us a few years back are also framed and on a bookshelf. They were supposed to be sent to family and friends -- nope -- family and friends can come see them at our house.

When we joined DVC I went looking for a nice preppy DVC embroidered golf shirt thinking it would easy to find. Sadly, all the DVC golf shirts I have seen are of questionable quality (and very over priced for what they are). I wish Disney would partner up with Adidas or Nike to produce some cool looking DVC garments - I would be willing to pay provided they are of nice quality.

All I have are a bunch of DVC tote bags -- one for each of my 10 add-ons. My wife uses them for all sorts of things.

We also have license plate brackets on our cars that say "WDW DVC" on the top and "Disney Vacation Club" on the bottom.

I bought a magnet for my van at the SSR store two weeks when we were there. I also bought the soft cooler type bag and the key chain. :goodvibes Just curious if anyone else wears it proud or is more discreet about their DVC PRIDE. LOL

I have or have had a lot of logo items:

Hilton Head DVC green beach tote bag vinyl lined that I love and use on every trip
DVC watch my daughter won at BCV summer party
DVC watch I purchased
Mousepad we won at member meeting
car window shades giveaway at member meeting at SS last year
photo album
hats hats hats and visors! Maybe a dozen freebies - this again over a 10 year collecting period and the 15 year one they gave us each a hat
multiple pin giveaways and purchases - maybe 30 or so
DVC lanyards
Totes from contracts
Mugs - the tall stoneware ones both DVC and Hilton Head
Mugs - the refillable ones
Magnets
License plate
DVC keychain won at BCV summer party
Can coolers
soft fabric balls-not sure what we were supposed to do with them
Paperweight
Picture frame
Giclee
Resort lithos sent to us - 4 or 5 of those
Too many clothing items to mention except for my dvc nylon rain jacket which I can't find anywhere :confused3

There are probably more items I've forgotten. A lot of this stuff collects over the years.

Of course I have the tote bag I got when I bought in. I get a lot of use out of it. Not only do I use it to lug stuff around town, I use it as my carry-on for every WDW trip. It's a conversation starter!

I also have one of those white vinyl window stickers with the DVC logo stuck to the back window of my Saturn Vue. It's kind of funny. As soon as I applied the sticker, I realized that nearly every SUV in my area has some kind of white vinyl sticker in exactly the same location (bottom of the rear window on the driver's side). I feel like DVC is my version of a soccer team or cheerleading squad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter