How many in a cabin?

tiger5

Earning My Ears
First off. I'm a first time poster. So bear with me. I'm new at this.

We have a large family (5 children ages 13-4) and obviously are looking for ways to reduce cost of trip to WDW. We would really like to stay in the cabins at FW, but everything I have read says the max on cabins is 6. Is there any consideration given to age/size of children? Has anyone stayed in the cabins with this many people? thanks

We just returned from our first stay at Ft.W cabins. We loved it. We did the FTP which made it very affordable - pay for 4 nights/stay for with UPH. We have 7 people in our family - baby, 17mos, in pack-n-play, 4yo, 6,yo, 8,yo, & 9yo. But some nights the bottom bunk was empty. So I think that you could fit your family in it. One of my boys (9,8 & 6) often curled up on the small couch next to the murphy bed.

I really wished Disney made it alittle easier for large families to find affordable lodging.

My DH insists that we now stay at Ft.W cabins whenever we come to WDW(who knows when that will be!) He loved it, and the convenience of parking the van right in front of the cabin.

An alternative that I am looking into for the future would be to rent vacation club points and stay in a 2br villa, sleeps 8 - still kinda expensive.

Good luck. If you choose the cabins I really think you'll like them.

I don't have an answer for you, but your post reminded me of a road trip I took in college once. 8 of us fit in a 1968 Chevy Nova Coupe for a trip to Toronto. Still can't believe the border guys let us through.:p

Here are my thoughts. I think you can give it a go and things should work out OK.

Yes the cabins are designed for 6......comfortably. But I think you can squeeze 7 in. Put the oldest in the top bunk bed. Put the 2 yougest to share the bottom bunk, and the middle two share the queen bed in the bedroom. Mom and Dad use the fold out bed in the living room, or they can swap and use the queen bed in the bedroom, and the two middle use the fold out in the living room.

I think it can be done.

Don't ask, don't tell--forget about your 4-year old (won't need an id card for the buses anyway) and just buy your tickets when you get there rather than getting them when making reservations. With that many kids running around nobody will be able to count heads anyway.

Oh, and the PC and rules police will probably chime in here but do what works for you--you'll be fine.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't too worried about fitting everyone into the cabin. Just wondering how much of a hassle I'd get for having 7.

I don't think you'll have any problem. At check in just lie and say the youngest is in a crib........, OR don't even count the youngest.

Have Fun !!, (don't miss the campfire either)

We have six in our family and my kids were older when we stayed in the cabins. I think you will be very comfortable. We have been known to sneak in an extra kid into a hotel room but never at disney because I thought you would have trouble with the EMH. Can you get everyone into the parks early? This year we are camping in our pop-up it is much cheaper. You will love the cabins and the maid will even run the dishwasher while you are at the parks. Don't forget you get a freezer too. Love that frozen water, saves a ton of money. I brought a suitcase with food and returned home with it filled with souvenirs.

Hi tiger5,

Another alternative is to get 2 rooms
at a all star or the new pop century
resorts. With the ages of your kids
they would have to give you connecting
rooms. The cost would be similar or
cheaper to the cabins. The best perk
of doing this is you get a second
bath, which would cut bath time in half.
This also would give you 4 double beds
(2 in one room and 2 in the other room)
to put everyone in. You would essentially
be giving up the kitchen for an extra bath.
You decide which is best for you.
Just another idea. Good luck

Pop Century doesn't open up until December.

What you may save at an "All Stars" resort, most likely will be offset by not having a kitchen, like the cabins. Unless of course you have no plans of using it.

I'd just call, explain the situation and ask if you can put your family in a cabin ... as for sneaking in one of the children, I'd feel extremely guilty if I tried this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter