How many people get accepted to DCP their first try?

justpeachy93

Earning My Ears
It seems like a lot of people on here don't get it their first try. Do you know if you did something wrong? If so, what was it?

Thanks and Gig Em!

Many people get accepted on their first time applying!! I know plenty of current cast members that got accepted on their first time applying.
I have been accepted on my first time and I start my disney college program very soon.

It seems like a lot of people on here don't get it their first try. Do you know if you did something wrong? If so, what was it? Thanks and Gig Em!
They take less than 20% of applicants ;I've heard as low as 10% so there a lot that don't.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did not get in the first try and I was devastated as I practiced my interview responses for weeks. I called the company about 3 times asking what I did/said wrong so I can improve for next time and they wouldn't tell me.

However, I got in the second (and last attempt) time :cool1:

Couldn't help but notice your "Gig Em"! Hello fellow Aggie! :) I didn't get accepted on the first try either but I went into the process last minute and a little blind. However, I got accepted my second round for this Fall!

My biggest thing is that I think I over prepared for the interview. Go over the question but don't memorize hardcore. Just let it flow. Relax.

I think that was my biggest problem.

I got in on my first try, an acquaintance of mine got in on his second try, and my future roommate got in on her third try. It really has a lot to do with what they are looking for at the time, and I think it matters where you are in your life, as in, are you mature enough to handle the DCP.
Just be yourself and remember that Disney is a company looking for hard working employees, and best of luck if you apply!

I got in on my first try. You have nothing to lose by trying! It's really all in your phone interview. Best of luck! :)

Myself and 3 of my friends got in on the first try, honestly it was pretty lucky. One of my friends had to apply 4 times before she was accepted (she's there now). She never really did anything wrong, she was always energetic, really someone Disney would want to hire.

The rest of my friends had applied at least once or twice. It's really competitive, large numbers of applicants, it's mostly your phone interview that's going go sell it. Be happy, smiling, energetic and honest. Good luck, don't beat yourself down if you don't get in, just keep going!

I didn't get accepted my first try. I did however get accepted my second try, and was accepted to extend, and then applied again a semester later and was accepted that time as well.

The first time can seem scary, especially the phone interview, but once you've done it the first time you know exactly what to expect and exactly what you should say. Most people will tell you to answer honestly, but, if you want real advice, tell them what you know they want to hear. Even if you lie and say you're comfortable doing something that actually makes you nervous, roll with it. Believe you can be the person Disney wants you to be and in the end you may surprise yourself.

I got in on my first try (and it was during my first semester too)

Couldn't help but notice your "Gig Em"! Hello fellow Aggie! :) I didn't get accepted on the first try either but I went into the process last minute and a little blind. However, I got accepted my second round for this Fall!

My biggest thing is that I think I over prepared for the interview. Go over the question but don't memorize hardcore. Just let it flow. Relax.

I think that was my biggest problem.

I have to agree with this! For my first 2 interviews I spent a lot of time preping for the interview (and stressing). My 3rd time I did nothing, and got in! I like to think of my first 2 interviews as really good practice. I don't think I did anything wrong the first to times really, I was just stiff and nervous. :eek: The 3rd time I was way more relaxed and fun. :cool1:

My S, D and her friend all on the first try. I prepped them

1) Your roles: High volume roles translates to better chances (more slots to fill)
2) Research: what question do they ask, prepare your responses (bullet point don't read)
3) Practice answering out loud - not in your head. Your mouth is doing the talking. Get a friend/parent
3) Smile: Nutty as it sounds, you can hear it over the phone.

My daughter got accepted first try and then got rejected for a second program. She had great success her first program and so she was shocked when she got rejected for a second. My opinion is that she gave a much narrower choice of roles that she would be willing to accept. She chose roles that were more limited. She has since been accepted for a second program this fall and leaves in a few weeks. I say prepare for the interview and be open to many roles.

Now that not everyone gets a WBI, I have heard/read talk that some people think it's totally random who gets to move on to the WBI and who doesn't. That seems sort of unfair, but with the number of applications they get I can also see how it might help reduce the number of people to consider. Do you guys think that might be true?

Now that not everyone gets a WBI, I have heard/read talk that some people think it's totally random who gets to move on to the WBI and who doesn't. That seems sort of unfair, but with the number of applications they get I can also see how it might help reduce the number of people to consider. Do you guys think that might be true?

I definitely think that is true. My daughter did not even get to the phone interview before she got the response that they did not have any positions available for her interests. She applied the first day, and she listed many of the positions. She was crushed when she was rejected before she even got to the phone interview. And to add insult to injury, they kept advertising for applicants. It just didn't make sense. The only thing we could figure was that it was just the luck of the draw if you are able to move forward in the interview process. Doesn't seem fair, and it's heartbreaking to be turned down, and then have them advertise for applicants....

It's not luck of the draw with the WBI. Disney uses a screening process for all of the initial application information, such as your resume and all information that you provide dying your application. The system then screens your information against what they are looking for and if you are a match then you move forward in the process, if not you are declined. It has nothing to do with random selection. It's actually a way of giving everyone a fair shot. Try fixing your resume to make it really shine, and be precise and thoughtful with everything you provide in your application. Disney loves neat and tidy applications, and they look for certain trigger words in your resume. Really highlight your leadership skills and positions, they love that!

first time i applied to the college program i didnt get past the WBI, my second time (this time) i just completed the phone interview last night so we'll see how it goes this time around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter