• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many points are you buying at VGF2?

How many points are you buying at VGF2

• 0-50

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • 51-100

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • 101-150

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 151-200

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 201-299

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 300-399

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • 400+

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Currently I have enough points. Really like the two resorts I’m currently at. Don’t wish to sell even though also really like VGF…because of that, I’m out on this deal..0.

added 212pts to get fixed week #47 with UY of Oct and to hit the 200pt discount tier

We have Poly with UY April so feeling like a good UY spread for booking flexibility

added 212pts to get fixed week #47 with UY of Oct and to hit the 200pt discount tier

We have Poly with UY April so feeling like a good UY spread for booking flexibility
Is your fixed week only good at the resort studios( VGF2)?

Is that a lakeview resort studio?

Zero because we have enough points for our needs; it remains to be seen if those needs change in terms of WDW trips. I also expected to love VGF and did a 7 night stay in a 2 bedroom but we realized it wasn’t for us.

We already owned 200 VGF and 200 BCVs (both resale) but purchasing 300 more at VGF for the unrestricted points and the $179 pp.
More points than we need at VGF at the moment but we’ll sell the 200 resale contract once VGF sells out in the next year or two.
If demand stays strong there, no way Disney keeps the base price at $207 with any significant discounts.
I think they’ll increase it quickly.

Is your fixed week only good at the resort studios( VGF2)?

Just double checked the contract - it's resort studios only: "The fixed use right to have a Resort Studio Lake automatically reserved for use during week # 47"

So no standard? Wow, wonder why?

Sorry! totally messed up, wife had so many options and week I got mixed up.

Standard and Lake were both available. Standard was 180 and Lake was 212 so we went Lake to get the bigger discount at the 200 point level.

here is the chart:
https://dvcexplorer.com/FIN/FW/FW-GrandFloridian.pdf

Last edited:
Just double checked the contract - it's resort studios only: "The fixed use right to have a Resort Studio Lake automatically reserved for use during week # 47"

Sorry! totally messed up, wife had so many options and week I got mixed up.

Standard and Lake were both available. Standard was 180 and Lake was 212 so we went Lake to get the bigger discount at the 200 point level.

here is the chart:
https://dvcexplorer.com/FIN/FW/FW-GrandFloridian.pdf
Why are there weeks with no price? Was looking at week 49… no price listed.

it's grouped on:
Weeks 21 - 23; 49 - 50

no standard for week 49

Interesting. Looks like the standard view weeks that likely would have been less than 150 points just aren't offered.

Or the more nefarious thought - they believe they'll be reallocating and don't want to sell those weeks in the standard view category that would most likely go up instead of down. :tiptoe:

Zero. Would have bought more at these prices but ticketing is stopping us. Already have 2 contracts but can't get AP's. I think the price point is great.

So no standard? Wow, wonder why?

I heard that they would not let anyone by a FW that was less than 150 points so if the week you want has SV under 150, then they won't let you get it for that week. It was to avoid having to make those small point contracts to get buyers up to that 150 mark.

I think that is why week 49...beginning of December...is not there...it would be less than 150. Anyone notice they changed the name to Favorite Weeks chart that represents fixed week ownership?

Interesting. Looks like the standard view weeks that likely would have been less than 150 points just aren't offered.

Or the more nefarious thought - they believe they'll be reallocating and don't want to sell those weeks in the standard view category that would most likely go up instead of down. :tiptoe:
Oh noooo….never thought of that! Something is definitely up with these fixed weeks charts, or lack of I should say.

I heard that they would not let anyone by a FW that was less than 150 points so if the week you want has SV under 150, then they won't let you get it for that week. It was to avoid having to make those small point contracts to get buyers up to that 150 mark.

I think that is why week 49...beginning of December...is not there...it would be less than 150. Anyone notice they changed the name to Favorite Weeks chart that represents fixed week ownership?
Wow, just wow…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter