How Many Times To Disneyworld?

pawn626

Mouseketeer
LOOKING AT THE BOARDS I CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER HOW MANY TIMES IS ENOUGH TO WDW. I MEAN USUALLY YOU CAN VISIT A PLACE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEN YOU MOVE ON, SEEING THIS WILL ONLY BE MY 2ND TRIP TO THE WORLD IT IS STILL VERY EXCITING TO ME, WHAT MAKES ALL OF YOU KEEP GOING BACK FOR MORE. HOW MUCH CAN CHANGE IN A YEAR? WE HAVE FRIENDS WHO GO TO WDW EVERY YEAR SOMETIMES TWICE A YEAR, I AM BAFFLED BY THIS. TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IN RHODE ISLAND .:confused3

LOOKING AT THE BOARDS I CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER HOW MANY TIMES IS ENOUGH TO WDW. I MEAN USUALLY YOU CAN VISIT A PLACE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEN YOU MOVE ON, SEEING THIS WILL ONLY BE MY 2ND TRIP TO THE WORLD IT IS STILL VERY EXCITING TO ME, WHAT MAKES ALL OF YOU KEEP GOING BACK FOR MORE. HOW MUCH CAN CHANGE IN A YEAR? WE HAVE FRIENDS WHO GO TO WDW EVERY YEAR SOMETIMES TWICE A YEAR, I AM BAFFLED BY THIS. TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IN RHODE ISLAND .:confused3

Never stops:cool1: . We said on our third trip in three years that we would take a break the next year.:rotfl2: We bought DVC three months after returning from that trip. We have now been five times together and there are still new experiences on each trip. Yes we still do a lot of favorites on each trip, but we add some (never done that) things on each trip. We have just been given a grandchild to prepare for WDW trips. It is the only place you can go and leave your inhibitions behind and act like a child again or watch your grandchild experience it for their first time. It is not an amusement park, but rather an escape from reality while you are there. We countdown every trip and so look forward to being back there. Yes we go every year and love each trip. If you have only been once so far, I guarantee there is a lot of experiences you have not had yet.

Some people go to the same beach every year. Some people go to Europe every year. We don't know why but they do.

And yes, some people go to Disney every year.

Disney isn't just an amusement park it is a beautifully themed resort complex with four parks, golf courses, mini golf, water parks, a shopping complex, resorts and more! When you're at Disney the rest of the world and worries melt away. There is just something magical about Disney and the amount of detail that goes into everything. It is impossible to soak in all of the details and magic in one trip. We must go back for more.

I lived 1.5 hrs away and went 20+ times over 15 years as a kid. Now, I take my kids at least every year. WE love Disney even more now than when I was a kid. One thing is the princess theming and disney channel and disney movies--some call it too much marketing--but the Disney channel is one place where in the evenings, I know that there will be quality "kid" sanitized shows that appeal both to a 10 yr old and a 6 year old. WE got the Disney Scene It game and we have "Family Fun Nights." Thus, when we go to DisneyWorld, they see lots that they are familiar with and love--like High School Musical Pep really this year at MGM.
We LOVE disney and have MORE fun each time we go---as your kids grow older, they are interested in different things, so it's always something new. (and now, my kids want to see the Indiana Jones Movies--after seeing the show at MGM, but they had no clue about Indiana Jones).
When I am old and gray, I will look back fondly to these Disney days!

THIS TOO WILL BE OUR SECOND TIME AROUND IN DISNEY! ITS BEEN 4 YEARS SINCE OUR FIRST TRIP, BUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING SOOO HARD TO GET BACK EVER SINCE. FINALLY THIS YEAR, I'VE BEEN ABLE TO ACTUALLY SAY, WE'RE DOING IT!! I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY! THIS SOUNDS SO CLICHE BUT ITS MAGICAL!! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS - I HOPE I CAN BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!:wizard:

We've been ten times in 17 years, including the last five years in a row. There's still so much we haven't done. Our last trip was 10 months ago & we're already anxious to go back!

It's so much more than a "theme park". It's a complete vacation resort. The Disney "magic" is in their commitment to excellence in their attractions, hotels, customer service, etc. On the other hand, Disney isn't for everyone. Most of us here on the DIS have become addicted to WDW! ;)

My wife & I have a goal of staying at every WDW hotel. We've got a long way to go, & we're looking forward to our future trips!

ETA: Yes, we do go other places, but WDW is our favorite vacation destination!

We have been 8 times including the upcoming trip in 2 days. And there will be many many many more trips to come!

I am heading back on my 25th trip in just a couple of months. To add to that, I took DW on her first trip during the 25th Anniversary of WDW and she will be going back for her 7th trip since then. Can't help it. We Love The Mouse!!!!:love:

Well we don't go yearly. We are lucky enough to go every 4 years. I feel fortunate and know that many people never get to go to Disney World. But this year, we said maybe we will go somewhere different or maybe a cruise, that is much more relaxing. I started doing the research for cruising and just decided it wasn't for me, so we are going back to Disney again and I am as excited as I was for our first trip. It is such a magical place and there are always new experiences and even going with different people or your kids as they get older makes it a new experience. I don't really think I will ever get tired of going to Disney World. I look forward to going some day just hubby and I when the kids get too old to want to go with us and then to the day I can introduce my grandkids to Disney (hopefully not for a long time, being my oldest child is 13, but still someday). Anyway enough of my babbling. I LOVE Disney World!

DH and I went for the first time before we had kids, then didn't go back for 4 years. Once dd was 3 and ds was 2 we decided it was time (and won a trip on the radio) - since then we have been 2 times (twice last year) and are going again this Sept/Oct - There are still things we haven't done, like this time we are going to a water park and staying a WL - only stayed at POP before. To me disney is a place where everyone can be a kid, no grown up "stuff" to worry about - just watching the look on my kids faces makes it worth everything I go through to get us there. And I will admit - I LOVE DISNEY:cool1:

I'm still a newbie at 6 times. We always find new things to do/see/eat. This next trip will be just DH & I. Due to recent neck surgeries, I'll not be able to do all the rides, so will be seeing the shows and parades we've seemed to have missed the last couple of times with tweens and teens. Every experience is different each time. We also change up the time of year to take advantage of the special events at WDW.

I look forward to going some day just hubby and I when the kids get too old to want to go with us and then to the day I can introduce my grandkids to Disney (hopefully not for a long time, being my oldest child is 13, but still someday). Anyway enough of my babbling. I LOVE Disney World![/QUOTE]

This will be Dw's and my third trip together without children and it has already been designated as a scouting trip for where we will take our new grandson very soon.:rotfl2: We have not been there with toddlers yet, so we are planning for a whole new experience.:cool1:

I just started going in 2004 for the first time and I took my kids. DH had only been once and epcot and MK were the only parks that were open at that time so you know it had been awhile for him. The kids and I were so sad when we had to leave I told DH we have to go back and we did in 2005. 2006 we couldn't afford it and wanted to try something new so we went to Florida but tried BG:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :eek: NEVER AGAIN. Then we decided WDW was the best once a year trip for us. We all enjoy it and there is lots to discover. Then we just went again in March 2007. Then before heading back in 2008 I thought of heading to US for x-mas and missing WDW in March but the kids decided after WDW they don't want US they want to go back to WDW again. So for us it is WDW until us or the kids get bored of it. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!:banana: :banana: :wizard:

We can't get enough of Disney. We have been to disney six times and the past four have been in a row. We missed last year :sad1: but will not miss this year. Can't wait to go back for Christmas. :santa:

This is our 5th trip in 7 years. There are not many places that go above and beyond to make your vacation really nice, but Disney does. We've had great trips and would love to go yearly (we're close, but not quite!)
One of the reasons we love going to Disney is we can take our teenage daughters and we actually spend vacation time together. Beach vacations have always turned into kids wanting to go off by themselves. At Disney, we all go on rides together and just run around the parks like 4 big kids!
DD, 16, said "mom, you don't spoil us with material things but you spoil us with vacations."
The way I see it, these girls won't remember the designer jeans you bought them for $80 but they will never forget the vacation where the flight was cancelled because of a hurricane and we got in the car and drove 18 hours straight to get there and were then surprised with a room upgrade.
At home we don't even have schedules that permit us to sit down and eat a meal all together! But in Disney we eat together every day!
Where else can you go and if you choose, you can tune out everything else that's going on in the world and just live in Fantasyland for a week?:thumbsup2

At least once/year for the last 16 years, but we had gone a couple of times prior to that and stayed off site. We'll go every year and already talk about how wonderful it would be to bring our family down when our children are married and have children. Boy, will that be different! Very cool, but very different, :woohoo:

Although we live 10 hours away, I will be making my 35th (more times than I am old) trip in June. Disney was our yearly family vacation growing up. I am continuing the tradition with my DD2 as the upcoming trip will be her 6th. My parents starting going more frequently once my DB and I were out of the house and they are in their mid-50's on their trip count. Gosh, those are wonderful memories!

It all started in 1977, since then we've been to WDW 38 visits with 39th coming this September.

Why are you yelling so early in the morning?:coffee:

The great thing about Disney is that they are constantly trying to update and add new attractions like Expedition Everest and Mission to mars while keeping the old favorites fresh. e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean. They also do a good job of hosting events like the food and wine festivel, flower show, holloween celebration, etc, etc. We became dvc members a few years back so we plan on visiting for quite a while. Some times my Dh & I go a don't really do alot of rides. We love the hotels, walking the parks and the restaurants. It can be as relaxing or as hetic as you want. My teenagers still love to vacation there even though they have out grown the movies. We think it's one of the best vacations (and vacation values) around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter