• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much cash should we bring?

lucifie

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to figure out how much spending money we'll need and we'll have the option of using a credit card or Disney gift cards (I'm planning on using GCs a lot since I can get them at a small discount) or charging to our room for most things, but I want to be sure we have enough cash on hand. The thing I can think of are Mousekeeping tips, tips at the Harmony Barber Shop (DD is getting her first haircut there and the other kids are getting their hair cut, too). I don't know if we'll use bell service or concierge much, if at all. We'll be on the DDP so we probably won't be spending much extra on food or drink. I feel like there must be something I'm forgetting.

Are you flying? If so, I suggest having a little cash on hand in case you use the skycap.

If you plan on doing penny presses with the kids, have quarters ready for that. Also if the kids are allowed to have a balloon or light up toys sold at the carts, those only take cash. Other than that, I think you're pretty well set.

We had $125 cash on hand last week at Disneyland. With the option to withdraw more from our Visa Travel Debit card. I still have cash left over.

When we went to WDW 4 years ago we did not tip Mousekeeping. Some people do, some don't. Your room gets cleaned no matter if you tip them or not.

Generally everyone is different. Jot.down who you will likely be tipping and how much. Also keep in mind snack and beverage carts in the park. In DL none of them took credit cards...they were cash only. Not sure if they are cash only in WDW.

I bring hardly any cash at all. The only time I ever need it is for tipping. Some of the snack carts don't take credit cards/KTTW cards but it's easy enough to avoid them and get snacks at places that do if I'm low on cash. I think I took $100 or less on my last trip, and had plenty left over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter